2007 Saleen Extreme Value?

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
I just got a call from a wholesaler friend of mine on a car and he wanted to know if i was interested. Of course it's the one car I have no idea what the hell it's worth. it's a:

2007 Saleen Extreme
it is Used but it only has 600 miles
six speed
of course, the car is perfect
he's gonna call me back with color, etc.

i would be buying it to resell, so i need to steal it. what the hell are these things going for? $50-60K? it's kind of scary buying a $60K mustang, Does anyone actually buy these?

any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
MSRP for S281E Coupe "base" is $71K. But I doubt you'll be able to get anywhere near that on resale.

Last edited:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Wow more horsepower than the gt500? Thats funny I thought GT500 was the fastest production mustang.

Last edited:

kaotic

Established Member
NOXCUSES said:
Wow more horsepower than the gt500? Thats funny I thought GT500 was the fatests production mustang.

Mass Production Mustang. S281E is not a production vehicle.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
You may be able to get a decent price from an "extreme" (sorry for the pun) Saleen enthusiast, but it's not a slam dunk. Find your buyer first if you can.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
kaotic said:
S281E is not a production vehicle.

Yes it is. Saleen is seen as a car manufacturer, not only an aftermarket company. The GT500 is the fastest mustang ever made by Ford themselves.

Those extremes are crazy, you should keep it and ditch the Viper...

SVT_4_me

Established Member
sunburned said:
Yes it is. Saleen is seen as a car manufacturer, not only an aftermarket company. The GT500 is the fastest mustang ever made by Ford themselves.

he doesn't have the viper anymore... :nonono:

sunburned said:

Which plant do they build the Saleens from the ground up at?

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Fastest production vehicle made by FORD

Saleen is an aftermarket company, taking GT's, stripping them down.. and putting "their parts"

I dont know about how Saleen is doing things now but he used to work out of Irvine Cali.. not sure how much things have changed though..

NOXCUSES said:
Wow more horsepower than the gt500? Thats funny I thought GT500 was the fatests production mustang.

wy3134

Established Member
I do know that the performance ford dealer here in Indianapolis has been sitting on about 6-8 saleens all summer, including a parnelli jones edition along with a couple verts...priced between $68,000 and $81,000

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
thanks for the help guys. if i was buying this for myself i'd probabally consider it, but for resale i think i'm gonna pass. i can probabally get it for about 55K so if anyone's interested give me a shout, i dont need to make anything. thanks again.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
wy3134 said:
I do know that the performance ford dealer here in Indianapolis has been sitting on about 6-8 saleens all summer, including a parnelli jones edition along with a couple verts...priced between $68,000 and $81,000

I see this I am thinking they will be sitting on them for some time to come unless they discount them tremendously. If people are losing their homes and jobs the last thing they are going to look at is a car at this price. Yes there is a market for these cars but as a lot of people are seeing the economy is not very supportive of them. I know around here they did have some 2006 models of vehicles left over. But they don't discount them enough to justify losing $10,000.00 - $15,000.00 or even more when you drive it off the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread