2007 or 2009 GT500?

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Go with the 09. Sounds like you're most likely clear of the TSB clutch issue and you won't have that heavy @$$ harmonic balancer that the 07's came with.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
07!

I just picked up an 07 with 2150 miles. I think you will be happier with the lower mile car in the long run. Plus it is a 1st year Shelby comeback! AS-far as the clutch goes.... good chance the 09 has the same one and had higher miles on the damn thang. I run my car pretty hard (still stock) and the clutch grabs great. Just keep it cool by giving it breaks between spankings and I hear you can run this clutch as-good as any....

Miles is always more important to me than year.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
09 for sure

HID
More warranty
Nav
Chance of a better clutch
Better balancer
Etc

E.Marquez

Established Member
I have an '07 and love it...

But with what you have posted.. Id go for the '09

Clutch issue aside (who the heck cares,, they all wear out,, just put a better aftermarket one in either car)
HID's is a nice deal on the '09
'09 has the better crank balancer saving you $170 in cash
'09 has two less years of UV, weather, heat, cold, dust, pollutants on the paint and plastic.
Same for the ’09 soft top…. Maybe more use wear, but less environmental degradation
’09 NAV is a nice add on

Overall 13 k miles is nothing to be concerned on.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I have an '09....built after the clutch change. It was still crap....started slipping 2 weeks before warranty expired. Local dealer did the TSB under warranty, now have the '10 clutch that was used in the TSB.

So moral is, it doesn't matter which clutch they used from factory. Will still exhibit same problems. I would still take the '09 over the '07.

speedrx

Established Member
Thanks for all the responses, decided to go with the 2009. Just closed a deal tonight on an '09 Vapor/Black Convertible, low miles, NAV, HID, etc. Build date is 12/08 so late '09 with new clutch assembly to boot! Only 71 Vapor 'Verts built and only 12 with stripe delete like this one!! Owner added the factory black stripes, look real good on this car, need to decide if I keep them or not. Pics to follow once I get it home.

Users who are viewing this thread