2007 National Cobra Meet

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Just received an Email from Tony saying the 07 National Cobra meet will most likely be in Houston next year (approximately same time as it was this year). I realize that it's been held closer to we "northern folks" the past few years, but I am curious to see who else on this forum is aware of this and what the general feelings are.

JoeJ

Established Member
Hey Fred,

I think it is great, of couse I am a lot closer for a change. The weather should be nice that time of year while most of the northern guys are covered in snow. I believe it will be scheduled in November like this years event. I sure hope a bunch of the northern guys come down. I just wish the event was held at TWS, Motorsports Ranch south of Fort Worth, or at Hallett as I think MSR Houston is kind of boring.

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
07 scmc

I kinda like the idea of Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas. It seems to be central location. I realize for the east coast guys, it would be a haul. Scott

Cobra-R

Established Member
It's news to me, but I would support it if for no other reason, I think we owe it to the Texas group finally come see them.

Brian

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Joe, I overlooked the fact that indeed Tony is hoping MSR Houston in November. I was originally confused by thinking the "same weekend" referred to the one we had at Gingerman. Heck, I've been to VIR in December, so Texas should be great???

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Fred,
Are you referring to Tony from SCMC? Where did you get this info?

Brian
The one and only good buddy. He sent his Newslink Email on Oct 8th to SCMC members. I'm surprised you didn't get/see it. They also have an article on the 06 meet..... can you possible "edit" me out of that photo???

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
It's news to me, but I would support it if for no other reason, I think we owe it to the Texas group finally come see them. Brian
I agree, Texas deserves it with the amount of members and support their track event receives....I'd really like to make the LOOOONNGGGG trip out west, as I've never been there and would like to make a vacation out of it....not sure if it will be in 07 but I will sure try to make it! :coolman:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Fred,
Are you referring to Tony from SCMC? Where did you get this info? Brian
Thats because you missed the conference call sunday night :poke: :poke: :poke: :p

Andy M

Established Member
Welcome to TEXAS - Ya'll come on down!!

Hey guys,

We here in the Lone Star state are very excited to be hosting the Cobra Nationals next year!!:pepper: :D

I expect to see as many of you guys from up north down here to play with us on the track! MSR Houston is a very fun and technical track. The facilities are just absolutely outstanding and getting better all the time. And the weather down here this time of year is usually very mild. We would of course pray for no rain! Expect it to be somewhere around 70-75 degrees during the day at this time of year. We are getting a cold front in tomorrow and the high on Friday will be 70-75, with mid 50's at night. Hurt me!!:rollseyes

At any rate, I hope to maybe have a machine of my own to drive by then. If not, I will have to bribe Joe to let me drive #466. I cannot allow you guys to have all the fun without me!:rollseyes ;-)

Hope to see all of you down here next year!:pepper:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Wow! This is cool!

Like Andy said, I hope to see all of you guys down in Texas. We guarantee to show you a good time.

JoeJ and I are hoping to make a trip together in the spring to a track event up north and maybe I can meet some of you guys.

:beer:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Fun Or Boring ?????????????

Andy M said:
Hey guys,

We here in the Lone Star state are very excited to be hosting the Cobra Nationals next year!!:pepper: :D

I expect to see as many of you guys from up north down here to play with us on the track! MSR Houston is a very fun and technical track. The facilities are just absolutely outstanding and getting better all the time. And the weather down here this time of year is usually very mild. We would of course pray for no rain! Expect it to be somewhere around 70-75 degrees during the day at this time of year. We are getting a cold front in tomorrow and the high on Friday will be 70-75, with mid 50's at night. Hurt me!!:rollseyes

At any rate, I hope to maybe have a machine of my own to drive by then. If not, I will have to bribe Joe to let me drive #466. I cannot allow you guys to have all the fun without me!:rollseyes ;-)

Hope to see all of you down here next year!:pepper:

Andy,

Joe said MSR is "boring", and you say it's "fun and tecnical". How are we to know, since you guys are both track 'hoe's, and running the same type cars?

I'll try to be at the "R" reunion next year, regardless.

Last edited:

JorgeG

Established Member
I am not quite the track hoe as Joe or Andy but for what my 0.02 is worth it is a technical track, in an engineering kinda way. So it is a challenge but i agree with Joe that it does not have the fun factor as TWS. Ive yet to go to Hallet or MSR Cresson.:cryying: But I have been to autobahn, Sebring, Buttonwillow and its kinda a designer track like autobahn vs TWS which is like a sebring or buttonwillow.
I am going with NASA on the 21-22 oct. for the second time. I will have more comments then. I hope this is as clear as mud:lol: :lol1:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That would be very nice to have a meet down south. I do agree with Joe's observations on the tracks in our area. TWS is by far the best course with higher speeds and it is simply much longer to drive. But anything is better than nothing.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread