2007 GT500 Search

muskaroxs

Established Member
Found a local 2007 Gt500,Red with stripe delete/ no navigation with 78,000 miles/ 1-owner etc at the local dealership. Looking at the valve cover I see what looks like oil?. The car also sounds like it has a different flywheel because when depressing the clutch it makes a rattle noise. The car is listed for $25,000. Other issues visually 1. wheels have a little road rash 2. front bumper could use a respray from rock chips. but if it passes a PPI what does a GT500 in this condition go for?
Thanks in advance!
2wrgkna.jpg

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
The rattle is normal if it has stock clutch.

1. Have a Ford dealership give you the Oasis Report.
2. Thats alot of miles.
3. Judging by how dirty that engine bay is and the fact that it has curb rash, the guy didn't really take care of the car.
4. If it has stock original clutch, you're looking at replacing it real soon.
5. With that amount of miles and the condition, I would pass on it all together. You can get a beautiful 08-09 with half those miles for $30,000.

If you are talking about the red one in Ballwin MO, then they have it priced $1,645 ABOVE market value. Price should be $23,970. If you can get it at $22,500 and you just cant pay $30,000 for a better one, then I would take it. But me personally, I would pay more to get a car with less miles on it.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Agree especially with Stri8ed's Point #3 above. There's tons of these out there for sale that have been meticulously taken care of.....

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
It's high for the miles and condition. If it was really clean than maybe. But that seems pricey. There is a seal or something going out with all that oil. I'd look for another one

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Don't know about Mo, but after TT&L I would pass. Like mention before just either save a little more or spend an extra $5k and get one with half the miles and from a seller that actually cared about the car. Maybe it was a pizza delivery vehicle.

muskaroxs

Established Member
After looking in the classified section, I believe it's not the car for me. I rather buy one from an enthusiast and know the story before purchasing. Thanks for the help everyone and the search continues...

Users who are viewing this thread