2007 5.7 Hemi

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
My cousin has an 07 Ram 1500 w/ the 5.7, and he's just finished putting on exhaust and a CAI. His friend who used to own a performance shop custom fabbed the exhaust, and it sounds great, but its throwing a check engine light, and the O2 Sensors are fine. It also has a rough idle and lurches when he has the cruise control set. I'm thinking the exhaust isn't giving him enough back pressure, and he needs to pull it off and put on a name brand kit that has already been tested to work on the truck. He keeps thinking his friend can fix it. Now, the guy he bought the CAI from is trying to sell him a Bullydog programmer, saying that it will fix any problems in the truck.

So should he replace the exhaust, or try the programmer? Would it be as simple as just putting a high flow cat in the truck? He still has the 2 main cats, but he removed the 3rd cat to put in the H pipe. Also, if you known any HELPFUL Hemi forums, list them. I don't feel like searching and trying to find a forum that won't tear you apart for asking a question.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
He tried. He was going to buy a new Fx4, but he was dealing w/ about 10 grand in negative equity that his twat of an ex wife left him with ina vehicle she wanted and he didn't...and Ford didn't have enough in the truck to get him to the payment he wanted. I used to sell Dodge, so the dealership gave him invoice minus rebates, which put him under MSRP even w/ his negative equity.

Dusten

Established Member
Lightningfr said:
should of bought a ford
is this all you can ever do, reply to a tech thread with bs?

Has he had the codes pulled? If so, what are they coming back for? That would be the best place to start.

Lightningfr

Banned
hey dusten why dont you go blow a dog
he said he didnt feel like searching
so when i made a reply it brought the thread to the top so someone would read it and respond and all you ask is more questions so stfu

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
i asked questions, to give myself and others a base to start with.
When someone mentions a CEL, the first question afterwards should always be, what are the codes? That is why the CEL is there

northsider

Established Member
Doesn't sound like an exhaust problem. Most likely it's something with the CAI. Put the stock air system back on.

Dusten

Established Member
northsider said:
Doesn't sound like an exhaust problem. Most likely it's something with the CAI. Put the stock air system back on.
i agree on this, a rough idle and surging could be an indication of inability to monitor airflow, but i would still like to see codes

BelvedereGTX

Banned
oh my goodness. How does he like that garbage transmission? I miss my ram but the truck felt like a pig with that early to shift, non downshifting while the engine is lugging transmission

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
northsider said:

Nope, its been doing it for a while. He just put the CAI on last week hoping it might help something. The CEL actually went off today after I drove the truck for a few hours and the idle is back to normal. The truck still feels a little sluggish, but its a start. If the CEL stays off, then he can quit bitching.

Users who are viewing this thread