2006 Mustang GT goes down

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
Was on my way to work day and some dude in a 2006 Mustang GT that was dropped with Cobra r replica wheels and catback got beside me and revved. I'm thinking yes, now I can test out my new TSP heads/cam setup (450rwhp) since my car just got out the shop yesterday and this was my first race with my new setup. So to this guy's cockiness, I decided to do a lil sandbagging. The first time we ran I was shifting at 5k and started in 3rd, resulting in him being ahead by 1 car from 70 to 90 hehe….Now he was all excited lol, I just had him thinking he was the shizznit. He put on his sunglasses, leaned to the far right side towards the passenger seat and had his left hand on the steering wheel and right hand on the shifter and decided to throw me another rev….I revved back in 6th gear waited for traffic to open and slowed to 65mph (my sweet spot). I let him get the jump and then I dropped it down to 2nd and I shot off from him like a rocket. Wrapped 2nd out at 6800rpms and hit 3rd then let out. I looked back and he was Buslengths back. He just stayed in it, while I had already slowed down to 75mph, he flew past me at least doing 120-130mph and kept going. My ported LS6 head/MS3 combo friggin' rocks…..I can't wait to see how I do at the track….

03CobraDude

Nick85 said:
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Shut up you ****ing stupid moron! Your GT stock against an 01 Cobra stock is dead even! So **** you! It sounds like the guy with the 01 Cobra had more performance mods than that GT... so stop typying your stupid shit! You need to be kicked in the face you shit eating, idiot!

BTW, good kill!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice, those new GTs are sooo hard to beat. I'm surprised you posted a kill this far down the food chain.

Nick85

Banned
03CobraConvert said:
Shut up you ****ing stupid moron! Your GT stock against an 01 Cobra stock is dead even! So **** you! It sounds like the guy with the 01 Cobra had more performance mods than that GT... so stop typying your stupid shit! You need to be kicked in the face you shit eating, idiot!

BTW, good kill!

:lol: :lol: learn to take a joke dummy!

redsvtcobra

Established Member
03CobraConvert said:

BTW, good kill!

It sounds like he was racing in his C5...

Hatchman

Established Member
I can't believe a car with around 270 at the wheel stock actually tried to race you.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
Shut up you ****ing stupid moron! Your GT stock against an 01 Cobra stock is dead even! So **** you! It sounds like the guy with the 01 Cobra had more performance mods than that GT...
I agree its a drivers race between a stock 01 cobra vs. a stock 05/06 GT mustang. I have seen the outcome go both ways on the street. I have not 1 cent in mods under my hood just the mods in my sig and I handle new Gt's like their going out of style.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
03CobraConvert said:

BTW, good kill!

lol you thought he was in his Cobra.

Hatchman

Established Member
M SIX said:
I agree its a drivers race between a stock 01 cobra vs. a stock 05/06 GT mustang. I have seen the outcome go both ways on the street. I have not 1 cent in mods under my hood just the mods in my sig and I handle new Gt's like their going out of style.

You've got 4.10's, big difference. I've seen an '05 with just 4.10's and slicks get into the 12's. The 3.55 stock gears are just too high for street racing from stop light to stop light, IMHO. I agree, stock for stock, drivers race.

I've beat all the one's I've raced, but I'm not stock, and one I raced was a Vert.

QuikGT

Banned
back to the original post.....nice numbers sounds very similar to my setup where i made 448 at stock rev limiter!!! id say with traction u could go 11.20s and 125mph traps...hell maybe even high 10s???

edit: is that with the fast 90/90???

JUGRNAUT

Banned
QuikGT said:
back to the original post.....nice numbers sounds very similar to my setup where i made 448 at stock rev limiter!!! id say with traction u could go 11.20s and 125mph traps...hell maybe even high 10s???

edit: is that with the fast 90/90???

Doubtful hell hit 125, id say a 122-23 tops is a good estimate. I hit only 129mph trap when i was 550/630 weighing 3250lbs.... Of course i would have liked that car to be a bit faster than 129.....

Users who are viewing this thread