2006 Ford GT sells for $510,000

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
new world record!!! :-D

just saw it live at the Mecum auto auction in Monterrey :coolman:

bone stock heritage edition with no factory options and only 100 miles....

Last edited:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
A local Ford dealer by me (Zimmerman Ford) has had a red/white stripe GT on their showroom floor since '05 I believe. I heard they were offered half a mil for it but declined the offer. Drive past it everyday on my way to work.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i drove mine 100 miles this morning and it now has 9300 miles on it. i am gonna need to get more insurance coverage on it. yikes, lol

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
So whats the best deal you could get on one these days? Are there any to even be had under $200k?

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
If I only had the money... In 2007 Wagner ford in mccook Nebraska offered me their gt at invoice. Said they were scared it wasn't going to move. Red w/ white stripes. Would have been a good move..

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
A local Ford dealer by me (Zimmerman Ford) has had a red/white stripe GT on their showroom floor since '05 I believe. I heard they were offered half a mil for it but declined the offer. Drive past it everyday on my way to work.

I saw that one in St. Charles a long time ago, it's still there?!?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
If I only had the money... In 2007 Wagner ford in mccook Nebraska offered me their gt at invoice. Said they were scared it wasn't going to move. Red w/ white stripes. Would have been a good move..

I don't know of many that went for MSRP, much less negotiating to invoice.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I don't know of many that went for MSRP, much less negotiating to invoice.

Talking with the owner about it late on a Friday night negotiating on a new power stroke. Maybe it was an offer because he knew it was out of my league, maybe not. It hung around for quite some time after that before it left.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Talking with the owner about it late on a Friday night negotiating on a new power stroke. Maybe it was an offer because he knew it was out of my league, maybe not. It hung around for quite some time after that before it left.

He was probably joking with you. We sold 15+ and I believe Sammy Hagar was one of the only to pay close to MSRP because he was a friend of the owner.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
He was probably joking with you. We sold 15+ and I believe Sammy Hagar was one of the only to pay close to MSRP because he was a friend of the owner.

Small western nebraska dealership, he said they could sell it over and over to other dealerships but wanted to sell it in house, since he felt it was a feather in his hat to get one in the first place. Talking with him that night I felt the offer was genuine. Don't have to worry about it now.

oldmodman

Established Member
I had a Heritage offered to me for 5K off sticker after it had sat on the showroom floor for six months. At the time the relatively few people that wanted a car as "garish" as the heritage had already bought one. And it was the early days of the economic crash and rich folks were getting really worried and not parting with their money.

I've always regretted not buying it. Especially since at the time I could have just written them a check. :shrug:

Ryan427

Established Member
Dick Edwards ford in manhattan, ks has a red and white stripped one, I know it's a low milage car. He sits it out in the show room pretty frequently.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Users who are viewing this thread