2006 C6 Z06 vs PORTED Eaton Cobra

Htown05

Established Member
We have seen some action from the C6 Z, we all want to see it vs a ported eaton. Someone tape this race plz.

Last edited:

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Htown05 said:
We have seen some action from the C6 Z, we all want to see it vs a ported eaton. Someone tape this race plz.

I think this race might have already happend...I believe it was Steeda vs. Lankhoss..

Well, what was the outcome fellas? any vids?

Fadis_Z

Established Member
lilsuperman1721 said:
my freind down here just ran 1 he beat it, the z06 had longtubes... my buddy is the 1 with the biggest hp eaton cars btw i think 360r is his forum name

How much rwhp is your friend pushing in his Cobra?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Fadis_Z said:

From his sig

"04 Cobra
Coastal Dyno tuned...
Ported Eaton upper/lower Combo
546.0 RWHP
591.9 FT LBS"

2k1cobra

Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
I know whos hes talking about he put down 546 RWHP and a shit load of tq. :rockon:

Fadis_Z

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
From his sig

"04 Cobra
Coastal Dyno tuned...
Ported Eaton upper/lower Combo
546.0 RWHP
591.9 FT LBS"

A C6 Z with headers will put down 475+ rwhp. It has a better power/weight ratio than a 546 rwhp Cobra. This is not including the better aero and gearing of the C6 Z.

Nice numbers for the Cobra, but that will not beat a C6 Z06 with headers given equal drivers (Key point here) from a roll. From a dig and through the 1/4, it would be closer due to the massive amount of tq the Cobra has

jmo..

Last edited:

sedanman

Established Member
I have been on some vette boards trying to stir one up, if I get one I will tape it and post it asap.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I have video of me and Lankhoss (bone stock C6 Z06) running, the only problem is that I was having belt slip top of 3rd and top of 4th. Not sure how much it hurt me, but you can hear in the video, the whine of the Eaton stops climbing, and actually starts decreasing as the speeds increase. That's when he seemed to pull more on me in 4th.

I'll put the video up tonight hopefully. We'll get together and run again and hopefully I won't have the belt slip problem again. Not sure what was causing it, it was the first time I've had it I think. The only thing I can think of is that my coolant was overfilled by a shop, and it was squirting coolant all over the engine bay (from the filler cap), maybe it was wetting the belt?

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Fadis_Z said:
A C6 Z with headers will put down 475+ rwhp. It has a better power/weight ratio than a 546 rwhp Cobra. This is not including the better aero and gearing of the C6 Z.

Nice numbers for the Cobra, but that will not beat a C6 Z06 with headers given equal drivers (Key point here) from a roll. From a dig and through the 1/4, it would be closer due to the massive amount of tq the Cobra has

jmo..

I don't like bench racing, but I think both cars are evenly matched. A 546rwhp Cobra can trap 128-129, lighter or not that is around if not less what a C6 z06 with headers would trap.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
fastkars.com said:
I don't like bench racing, but I think both cars are evenly matched. A 546rwhp Cobra can trap 128-129, lighter or not that is around if not less what a C6 z06 with headers would trap.

I don't like bench racing either, but can you explain to me real quick how a car with a better power/weight ratio, better gearing and better aero is going to be evenly matched?

The 475 rwhp figure for a C6 Z with headers is beiing VERY conservative, btw

Htown05

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
I have video of me and Lankhoss (bone stock C6 Z06) running, the only problem is that I was having belt slip top of 3rd and top of 4th. Not sure how much it hurt me, but you can hear in the video, the whine of the Eaton stops climbing, and actually starts decreasing as the speeds increase. That's when he seemed to pull more on me in 4th.

I'll put the video up tonight hopefully. We'll get together and run again and hopefully I won't have the belt slip problem again. Not sure what was causing it, it was the first time I've had it I think. The only thing I can think of is that my coolant was overfilled by a shop, and it was squirting coolant all over the engine bay (from the filler cap), maybe it was wetting the belt?

Steeda can you post the video so we can all watch? :pop:

stangfreak

Established Member
also depends on the drivers as well guy. we witnessed, actually a couple of guys witnessed a 03 cobra with all the bolt ons, except for a ported blower, loose a half of car to a stock z06. cobras making 460+ i think. call bs but it happened lol

Htown05

Established Member
I would guess that a stock Z and a Ported eaton car would be very close with the edge going to the Z due to the better aero and gearing.

I know a C6 did 491rwhp on 91 octane with just a headers swap. But it seems (from what I read on other forums) like 475-480 is the norm for headers on a C6 Z06.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
stangfreak said:
also depends on the drivers as well guy. we witnessed, actually a couple of guys witnessed a 03 cobra with all the bolt ons, except for a ported blower, loose a half of car to a stock z06. cobras making 460+ i think. call bs but it happened lol

I am not gonna call bs because you are right, IT IS ALL DRIVER.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
fastkars.com said:

thats correct.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I will give this a little bit for someone to come up with the vid. If none show up I will move this to roadside until then.

Users who are viewing this thread