2005 Saleen is here!!

HONBOY1

Established Member
I was just checking out the saleen web site when I seen the new 2005 Mustang Saleen. I wish I could post some of the pics but I don't know how to do it. It looks way better than the Roush! I think I'm going to buy one instead of the new Vette. Somebody please go to the Saleen web site and post some of the pics in here to show how sweet this thing looks. Looks like Saleen saved me from going from a Ford to Chevy!!!!:lol:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
2005_temp_1.jpg

2005_temp_4.jpg

2005_temp_3.jpg

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
"And for the S281 E, which will be introduced next spring, the engine produces a mind-boggling 500 horsepower. Now you know why the E in the name stands for Extreme.
:thumbsup:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I think I'm in love!

Taillights are a major improvement!
Although I myself would likely move them inboard a bit more - meaning the outside taillight is the one I would cover up instead... maybe...

2000wrx

Established Member
That wing is a bad idea.... makes the already full rear end of the car look heavy... overall not the best looking Saleen.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
The Saleen is light years better than the stock form in the picks here. You can tell that they tried to tone down the King Cobra front and Capri backend a little.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Didn't notice the wing...
I see a beautifully sculpted lip style spoiler integrated into the body, however, and I think that looks great... Just take off the afterthought

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Vancouver83LTD
Didn't notice the wing...
I see a beautifully sculpted lip style spoiler integrated into the body, however, and I think that looks great... Just take off the afterthought

The wing is tastefully done, unlike the old school one on the stock model. I may do a photocrop of the new "old" saleen and integrate some terminator parts into it.

Take a guess as to how it's going to look. :rockon:

PonyXpress

Ditch the wing (but keep the ducktail), the grille (open intake), the mini foglights, and replace the FUGLY wheels for something like the current 5 star Saleen's. Then it might look decent.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Much better looking than the than the Rousch, looks a ton better without the lights in the grill, I don't mind the wing but the wheels are a little boring...

BittenInBama

Established Member
The wheels would be a MUST GO item, the nose isnt bad except for the treatment of the lights...the area above the bumper is lacking...lights seem too small and grille doesnt look right...wing is an undecided-have to see it in person. Overall very nice
:thumbsup:

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
It looks too busy to me...almost ricey (in a domestic sort of fashion). Maybe its just the ugly wing. Its not fluid and sleek like previous cars, but I guess you have to consider the starting point. I do like the interior though, very much. The mustang needed a better interior more than anything IMO. Overall its not a bad looking car, I guess I just expected something more jaw dropping from Saleen. Definitely don't like the wing, and the wheels could be better. Can't wait to spank one!

SynMan5.0

Established Member
I like it. :thumbsup: Definitely could do without the top wing, though. I like the ducktail, but the wing just makes the rear end look huge and cluttered. The wheels aren't bad. I think you all would be 'ooooohh'ing and 'awww'ing if they were chrome. Overall a nice looking car. However, if I were to buy a new Stang I would go for the retro look. Torq-Thrust wheels, retro (small) wing, and a nice hood. At least it's easy to see that there is a lot of potential in the new Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread