2005 Mustang GT vs 94 audi S4

05 mustang GT vs 94 Audi S4, who would win from a dig and/or roll?

• GT

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • S4

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UrS4

Established Member
Who do you think would win from a dig and/or roll? :shrug: Stock 05 Mustang GT w/ 5spd versus the S4, mods in sig. w/ about 330 hp.

UrS4

Established Member
I had this race about a month ago, very warm day for Jan, around 65 degrees. The guy in the GT was a young kid revving and taking off from the lights. I was several cars back but I knew no matter what lined up next to this kid, he was gonna race. Fast forward a couple of lights and I finally get lined up next to him, with a nice 1/4 mile straight away in front. He rolls his windows done and turns his radio off but doesn't look over, just slowly increases his revs. It was a terribly long red, cross lights turns yellow, I rev up, he doesn't. :shrug: Light turns green, I ease out thinking there isn't going to be a race. He rolls out even slower but when he gets to my door he guns it, sounds real nice and his low end torque shoots him ahead. I floor it, wait for the turbo to kick in, by this time he is a car and a half ahead, turbo ramps up and its catch up time. End of first hes about 3/4 car ahead, shift to second and by the end I am up to his door, shift to third and start creeping. He lets off, I fly by and we both slow down for the traffic ahead. Couldn't get a chance to talk cause at the next lights we were turning the opposite directions. He sounded stock and was probably not power shifting. I have to give him credit, his actions turned a dig race to a roll (no advantage for me) and by taking off before me, I was playing catch up the whole time and couln't tell if I was pulling at the beginning of third or if he was letting out. Either way, fun times and I will have to find him again when its warm again. :-D

KappaRaider

Established Member
I currently have a 2000 Audi S4 with stock twin turbos. Its not as fast as my 03 cobra was, but its alot more fun to drive.

UrS4

Established Member
corpsedub is right about the engine specs. Started life at 227 hp which wasn't bad for 1994 4 door. The B5 2.7 twin turbo is very nice and can be fast especially around a road course if enough money is put into it. My mods are done for now, not worth it for the few extra untapped horses.

About the GT, I considered it a loss, had he gone off the light he would have put many car lengths. From a roll, if I was ready and at a good rpm I think I would have edged him out in third. Stock gears for the audi are 4,11s so while my weight is higher, my gear and hp is better. Now if it had been snowing . . . :burnout:

UrS4

Established Member
I get the pictures up soon. Voting says GT all the way but the people who post think audi, funny think there would be more consistancy, but maybe they just don't want to hurt my feelings.

UrS4

Established Member
Here are some pics . .
This is a pic of an identical car to mine except for the wheels, this car belongs to Hap McGuire out in Colorado
15348.jpg

This last one was a year back, the last time I was racing at BIR in MN. The audi club i'm in is not exclusive, thank god! So there are always a lot of Mustangs, Vettes, porsches, vipers, 350Z never an F body :shrug: though, you get the idea lots of variety. I will never forget doing the 3.5 hour drive up there and when stopping for gas see this big excursion towing an SVT performance trailor, and thinking wouldn't it be kick ass if they were headed to BIR for the audi track event. Sure enough it was, filled with a track prepped 2000 Cobra R, and a Sonic blue 03 Cobra modded with better front K member, 3.73 gears, full bassani exhaust, filter and tune. Needless to say that year they were the 2nd fastest around the track, beating a porsche 996 TT and an STI and Evo VIII. Only thing that beat them was a track prepped Viper GTS driven exceptionally well
15351.jpg

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:

96RagTop

Too slow, car wont go.
Established Member
Im gonna have to say its gonna be the GT. I used to own a 91 200 20v Same engine almost as the 94 S4 and i ran the hell outta it at the track. The best time with a stage 3+ chip aka 20-21 lbs of boost i hit a 14.4. I think the gt will win it will be close though.

Users who are viewing this thread