KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Will the 2005 Mustang GT come with a hood
scoop or a bulging hood? :rollseyes

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I think they are making the hood so it will look good with ss stripes...man will it look good :)

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Originally posted by Formula51
Too bad the car isnt.

Why are you here? I have read pretty good handful of your posts and all you have done is run down mustangs. For example, your post about an IROC-Z outhandling a 2003 cobra, your post about mustangs never being on the same level as corvettes, blah blah blah. So I ask again....why the hell are you here? Are you just trying to stir the pot?
We have a good cross-section of car owners here and we all get along pretty well but people who just troll around (i.e. YOU) piss us off. Either adjust your attitude or go back to ls1.com.

Formula51

Established Member
I am here simply to make you step up to the plate and answer my hard to answer questions. So you can educate me as I do not know Mustangs inside and out as I do many Chevys. I am considering an 03/04' Cobra and I rarely provide anything that is not fact, like my Iroc Z argument. Do some research, where was I wrong? I love new cars and love to debate new cars. The Cobra is aimed at the ZO6, I have looked and read about and seen in person the 05' Mustang and am trying to figure out from the Ford loyal what will be done to the Cobra to make it compete with the future ZO6 as it has a muntain to climb to do so. You know your cars and your manufacturer and its technology better than I do, so I figured you could offer some insight on those topics. Unfortunately no one has offered me any, not even a guess, and like you have done have just got defensive instead. I am not hear to bash, I am hear to learn and help educate as well.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Formula51
I am here simply to make you step up to the plate and answer my hard to answer questions. So you can educate me as I do not know Mustangs inside and out as I do many Chevys. I am considering an 03/04' Cobra and I rarely provide anything that is not fact, like my Iroc Z argument. Do some research, where was I wrong? I love new cars and love to debate new cars. The Cobra is aimed at the ZO6, I have looked and read about and seen in person the 05' Mustang and am trying to figure out from the Ford loyal what will be done to the Cobra to make it compete with the future ZO6 as it has a muntain to climb to do so. You know your cars and your manufacturer and its technology better than I do, so I figured you could offer some insight on those topics. Unfortunately no one has offered me any, not even a guess, and like you have done have just got defensive instead. I am not hear to bash, I am hear to learn and help educate as well.

Actually, Chevy has a LOT of stepping up-to do:

81.jpg

By comparing the two obviously cost is not an issue for you.

As for the next Cobra, just think M3 with 500+hp.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
03/04 cobra wasnt made to compete with the z06. It was made to slaughter the trans-ams and camaros that were still beating the cobras in the 1/4 mile. Now the cobra puts the smack down on GM :)

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Oh yeah, the new Ford GT is sweet. I just saw a yellow w/black stripes one in some parking lot. Damn i want one :)

ragshockey88

Established Member
it sux thats stripes arent an option.......i wanted to get satin silver with stripes like i saw at the car show......i would get them added but i donno.........they have already started making aftermarket parts but the GT wont come with a scoop

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by ragshockey88
it sux thats stripes arent an option.......i wanted to get satin silver with stripes like i saw at the car show......i would get them added but i donno.........they have already started making aftermarket parts but the GT wont come with a scoop

All the concepts details, breakaways-stripes-scoops are for the SVT boys. From what HTT has said, the IRS cuts into the rear seat enough that the next SVT will most likely be a two seater as well.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
If you are here to learn, perhaps you should consider rephrasing some of your comments into a manner more conducive to your goal. Granted it is very difficult to interpret the overall emphasis implied over the internet but I don't think your one-line insults add much to our conversations.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I heard they are doing the stripes, just not right away. The new mustang rocks. You shouldve seen how many thumbs-up we were getting when we were driving around. Ford is not gonna make enough of them :)

Formula51

Established Member
Actually, Chevy has a LOT of stepping up-to do:

The new ZO6 will step up very nicely and compete for less than HALF the price. You will actually see the ZO6 on the street too, unlike the GT. Well, you will see its tailights :coolman:

If you are here to learn, perhaps you should consider rephrasing some of your comments into a manner more conducive to your goal. Granted it is very difficult to interpret the overall emphasis implied over the internet but I don't think your one-line insults add much to our conversations.

You are right, that comment was just a jab. I am angry Ford made the Mustang GT so heavy. Its no GTO, but I expected it to be closer to 3300lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread