2005 gt tranny in a 03 gt....?!

DanDaMan

BAD OMEN
Established Member
Will a 05 gt tranny fit in my 03 gt without modifications? I have to get a tranny for my car and have a line on a cheap low mileage 05 gt tranny.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I think the bellhousing may be different or something. I got my tranny from an 04 GT off of ebay for $570 shipped with only 21K miles on it

DanDaMan

BAD OMEN
Established Member
I think the bellhousing may be different or something. I got my tranny from an 04 GT off of ebay for $570 shipped with only 21K miles on it

So if i switch bellhousings i should be all good? My car has been down for over 6 months and i would really LOVE to get it running!!!!! All i know is that its out of a 05 GT with low miles and i will be getting it for 200-300. The guy is going with a built auto and just dont want or need it....so i need a tranny and this seems like a damn good deal lol!!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I was told also when i was looking that one wouldnt fit either. I never knew about the clutch setup, so that would be changed also. It would end up being cheaper getting one from a mid 01-04 GT

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I know a guy around here that swapped one into his 01 Cobra. I dont remember what was all involved in the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread