2005 GT pics from the PONY DRIVE!!

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Nice pics....but I have to say what happened? Thats not the same car as the original concept. I'm somewhat dissapointed in the new Mustang look. But I was of the new edge as well and well I've owned a Mach 1 and now a Cobra :D

Paul

ragshockey88

Established Member
yea they "tweaked" the conept......but if u get the chance to see it in person go take a look im sure ull change ur mind about the car.......ive seen it 2 times in person at the NYC show and today.........this time i was more in love cuz i got to go into it

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Blown408 86GT
Nice pics....but I have to say what happened? Thats not the same car as the original concept.
Paul

Makes me glad I got the 03 Cobra. Once again Ford had to Gay down the original concept for the masses. :nonono:

PonyPower

Established Member
whats this pony drive thing, i would loooooooove to sit in it, even if you couldnt drive it. Do they have a website of all the cities they are going too.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by The Orphaner
Makes me glad I got the 03 Cobra. Once again Ford had to Gay down the original concept for the masses. :nonono:
Yup, very glad I got a new 03, it just may be the last mustang I own for quite some time...

joeclams9

Established Member
Im actually glad they dumbed down the concept version. First of all, I think they needed to so that they can use something like the concept version for the next cobra/gt350, and secondly, it will make the urge to make your stang look different when u get the new one really come about. And the aftermarket kits for it will be very cool.

joe

ragshockey88

Established Member
im suprised some people havent heard anything about this car.......well they pretty much changed is from the ground up.........i LOVE it, one of the ford engineers was explaining to me how much more relyable it is than older versions.........he said that its rated at 300hp 315lbs/ft of torque........but u gotta remember the 17% drive train loss soo at the crank its gonna be about 320-340hp......he also said that the suspension is tuned very nicely (independent rear suspension), the my color panels r awesome and the new shaker system is great. finally he said when u accelerate it will pin u to ur seat...........check some specs on it.........if u see it in person u may change ur mind

Last edited:

Speed_Demon1965

Established Member
Is this the first time some of you guys have seen the production '05? Because the pictures have been out for a long time now. I think it looks 10000 times better than the concept. The concept look like just that, a damn concept and fake looking. This things looks pretty good, still not sure if I'm digging the foglights though. New wheels, lower it, and change the grille and I swear this thing looks AWESOME. Someone did a photochop, but I can't seem to find it.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
There are a ton of photochops... I think it has a a rediculous amount of potential from,an aftermarket stand-point. FORD has done a fantastic job IMHO. Thank you to FORD for yet another step forward.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
They have almost the same amount of HP as the Mach1's, only the new GT's are gong to be a little bit lighter. With the new more efficient design, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the new GT outruns the Mach1. Can't wait for them to come out, but I still want a Cobra though...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Yup. I think the new design is hot looking. A little of the old and a little of the new. Considering the Mustangs haven't really changed much apperance wise in a good while now, this thing is gold to the eye.

It's a re-invented Mustang that will have more potential in appearance and performance than probably any Mustang ever built. Things only get better as time goes by.

I can't wait to see what happens when these hit the market. I will be ready to buy one in a few years when they bring out the new SVT version.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by The Orphaner

EXACTLY!! the concept is freakin SICK!!! i would give anything for the concept!!, but this 1 is butt, i hate it, im glad i got my 03 cobra!!! just my .2

oh and by the way nice pics lol

SVT4ME

Established Member
Lets hope the Cobra turn out better. But who wants to wait till 07! Damn thats a long wait!

Users who are viewing this thread