2005 DC revised head question

88_50

Established Member
Hello guys, I have a question about DC heads. Probably a dumb question, but I'm new to building a 4v. I recently picked up a bare set for my son's car. I remember reading somewhere that the revised heads had a "driver side" specific head. Both of my heads say 2C5E-6C064-DC on the side. Just above that one says 27 S73, and the other says 30 S73. Is it safe to say that the 30 S73 is the driver, and 27 S73 is the passenger?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Everything you want to know:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/castings.htm

The casting numbers are the same, but the heads are built side-specific due to the oil passages only being drilled on the front for the tensioners, and the placements of oil galley plugs. The "S73" is meaningless.

Plenty of pics in the build thread that is in the sig that will help you out.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Hello guys, I have a question about DC heads. Probably a dumb question, but I'm new to building a 4v. I recently picked up a bare set for my son's car. I remember reading somewhere that the revised heads had a "driver side" specific head. Both of my heads say 2C5E-6C064-DC on the side. Just above that one says 27 S73, and the other says 30 S73. Is it safe to say that the 30 S73 is the driver, and 27 S73 is the passenger?

If you got your hands on a pass. side DC head feel lucky as that head is very hard to find.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Also on a dumb note...

when reading about setting timing chains..

drivers side is left

passenger is right..

88_50

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. I finally had time to really check them out. Everything you said makes complete sense. I installed the '97 cams in last night, and hope to get the bottom end back this week so we can start assembly. It wont be anything radical since its for my 17 year old son's '99 Cobra. Forged bottom end, these heads with '97 cams, Mach intake, Kooks lt/x, Bassani catback, and bolt ons. Should be a little peppier than it was before.

Users who are viewing this thread