2005 Cobra?

Cjavalanche

Established Member
I was talking to a guy at my local ford dealership, and he said that the 05 cobra will be here next spring. Is this true, becuase i thought that the new cobras would not be available till the 06 model year?

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
perfect. gives me enough time to finish up college and a couple years to bank some coin. I've always wanted to buy a brand new mustang. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Besides generally being assclowns, why does MotorTrend in its new article on the 05 GT, report in BOLD on the article start that the 05 Cobra with almost 400hp will be out in the Fall 2005?

400hp???

Fall 05??

2005 Cobra ???

Drugs??? WTF???

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by Daffy
Besides generally being assclowns, why does MotorTrend in its new article on the 05 GT, report in BOLD on the article start that the 05 Cobra with almost 400hp will be out in the Fall 2005?

400hp???

Fall 05??

2005 Cobra ???

Drugs??? WTF???

Drugs. They got their info from their drug dealer! :p

Whiskey City

Established Member
Originally posted by crispy23c
Drugs. They got their info from their drug dealer! :p

Yup, better living through chemistry, that's what I always say.

The 2005 Mustang LX and GT have received "Ok To Ship" meaning that they will be showing up at your local dealerships very soon. M10s and 4PP units are all over Dearborn, coupes and 'verts (yea!!!). Anyway, the SVT Cobra isn't scheduled to go to Job1 until March 2006 for a Summer '06 release as a 2007 modle. It will be equipped with a 5.4L, 32valve, S/C V8...good times.:burnout:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Originally posted by Whiskey City
Yup, better living through chemistry, that's what I always say.

The 2005 Mustang LX and GT have received "Ok To Ship" meaning that they will be showing up at your local dealerships very soon. M10s and 4PP units are all over Dearborn, coupes and 'verts (yea!!!). Anyway, the SVT Cobra isn't scheduled to go to Job1 until March 2006 for a Summer '06 release as a 2007 modle. It will be equipped with a 5.4L, 32valve, S/C V8...good times.:burnout:

A 5.4 S/C says you? where'd you hear that?

Whiskey City

Established Member
Originally posted by TomBoJangles
A 5.4 S/C says you? where'd you hear that?

Not heard, read. Let's just say I'm in the business. You can take my word or not but I don't usually go around spreading rumors.

5.4, 32v, s/c...book it.

:thumbsup:

Whiskey City

Established Member
Originally posted by HurleyBoy
got an idea what the asking price will be when they hit the dealerships come 07?

The only thing I've seen is that it will be comparably priced to the current SVT. Now, that doesn't mean that the dealerships won't mark it up $10K just for the helluvit.:burn:

I hate it when that happens:mj:

It'll be summer '07 before all that mark-up jazz is over and they are A/X/Z-plan elligable.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Not heard, read. Let's just say I'm in the business. You can take my word or not but I don't usually go around spreading rumors.

5.4, 32v, s/c...book it.

Dry sumper too, noice:p

Formula51

Established Member
Would that be an even bigger iron block boat anchor out front? Hmmm, maybe 58/42 weight balance? What a dissapointment, pray its not true.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Formula51
Would that be an even bigger iron block boat anchor out front? Hmmm, maybe 58/42 weight balance? What a dissapointment, pray its not true.

Alum block dipshit, should stay exactly the same with IRS out back. Its the GT motor de-tuned for insurance.

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by Formula51

Good. Maybe now you will go buy your beloved GTO and STFU already about the next SVT Cobra.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member

5.4, 32v, s/c...book it.

Well, you've 2 years before I can consider calling you a liar. until then pals?

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
I just came back from the Ford dealership. They had 1 GT that came about an hour before I got there. Holy crap that car is gorgeous. The next Cobra is going to be desomate.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread