2005 3v Saleen upercharged Swap

34SVT34

ADRENALINE JUNKY
Established Member
2005 3v Saleen Supercharged Swap

I was just curious as to what I would need to do a 2005 Saleen 3V Spsrcharged Swap.

I have a 2001 Proharged Saleen S281 and have recently blown it up. Rod Knock. Or apparently a sleeve is bad. Anyways that is the reason for considering the swap. Im not very Savy as far as under the hood goes:shrug: so any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

The Swap comes with:

Mustang Saleen 3V 4.6 Supercharged Engine
The computer
SCT Programmer
Coils
Pulleys
Injectors

Please just let me know everything I might need to do the swap...

headers?
Wiring Harness?
:??:

Thanks for the help in advance.:beer:

Jordan

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
New built motor, using a 05-10 aluminum block. Trick flow 2v heads (flow more than 3v heads do), new set of cams, a D1sc, and an upgraded intercooler. That's what i would do instead of swap in a 3v, plus a lot less trouble and you can install all of this yourself.

Did you already buy the listed parts above?

34SVT34

ADRENALINE JUNKY
Established Member
I just want rid of the 2V. I have already rebuilt this motor at Moes Speed Shop in Dallas, GA. that was a $5K Bill. I am fed up with the 2V. I just believe that is a smoking deal on that motor. it has also had work done to it. It is running 14 psi boost and put down 530hp to the rear tires. I believe $3500 is VERY FAIR considering it has less than 10k miles and is putting down 530.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
You'll need the Logan Motorsports conversion kit and to extend a few wires. The newest issue of 5.0 magazine is covering a 2v to 3v conversion. Pretty detailed IMO

34SVT34

ADRENALINE JUNKY
Established Member
I will go purchase the new issue. Is it the Newest out?

And is that everything I will need?

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
The cover will actually have a headline for the article and it calls itself the swap issue.

From what I've read and found on forums the kit has everything you need and some extras.

34SVT34

ADRENALINE JUNKY
Established Member
I cant find any conversion kits available anywhere. I read up on a thread where MMR did the swap to a Saleen SR and they made a few pointers and manufactured parts for the swap and apparently made a kit aswell, but I cant seem to find either....So I am going to call MMR tomorrow to see if the kit is still available and if so how much.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
vequbaja.jpg

http://www.loganmotorsports.com/2V_to_3V_conversion.html

I'm guessing you have a tuner so you won't be needing that. Since its a Saleen blower you also won't need the CMRC service or fuel rails.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
I put a 3v in my 2000 2 years ago. All you really need for hard parts is adapters for the exhaust bolt patern is different. You also need to lock the cam timing or go to adjustable cam gears on the 3v cams. An 05 throttle body is driven by a servo so you need to make a plate to adapt to an 03-04 cobra throttle body. I made this my self. It's a pretty easy swap actually.

truspeedinc

Established Member
You will need the harness ,headers, the phaser delimiters will not be needed if you have the computer and harness. I am in progress with th swap my self so as I go ill put any potential problems and issues.

Users who are viewing this thread