2004 Terminator Engine for Sale

k_kenley

Established Member
I have a 2004 Terminator engine for sale that I've had swapped into a 1981 Mustang. I came into possession of the engine back in June, 2005 after it was removed from a 2004 Cobra that had only a couple hundred miles on it. I actually had the California Highway Patrol run the serial number on it in 2007, and have paperwork to show that it is legal and legit.

The long block is stock and has less than 22,000 miles on it, and has only had synthetic oil used in it. It also has FRPP 80 lb injectors, a Kenne Bell 2.8L blower with less than 4000 miles. The blower has a custom built inlet system that consists of a sheet metal intake, an Accufab single blade GT throttle body, and a 4 1/2 inch inlet pipe and large air filter from a Kenne Bell Mammoth kit. You can read about the building of the inlet set-up here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/716392-my-custom-kenne-bell-inlet-tubing-upgrade.html

The engine will come with all wiring from the fan to the fuel pumps with all modules attached, a Diablosport switch chip that already has tunes for E85 and 91 octane, the fuel tank with twin Ford GT supercar pumps, and 2 Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pumps. The whole drivetrain is set-up to run on E85 or 91 octane, and comes with pullies and belts for both tunes. On E85, the motor has put out in excess of 800 horsepower at the flywheel.

I am selling the engine for $9,500.

I also have a Lentech Strip Terminator 4R70W that can go with the engine. This trans is practically bulletproof and can handle upwards of 1500 lbsģft of torque. It's a non-lockup overdrive with a transbrake and an automatic valve body. It also has a custom built torque conveter that was made for the engine combo that only has about a 2500 stall in it, so it's VERY streetable. You can read about the transmission specs here: Strip Terminator AODE/4R70W

RWHP with the transmission on the 91 octane tune is 507, and on the E85 it is 672. Factor in that it's a non-lockup trans, which are known to suck quite a bit of horsepower. I purposely kept the 91 tune low because I didn't want to risk breaking the overdrive band on the transmission when flooring it on the freeway, which is the only weak spot in the transmission. On the E85 tune, it started to run out of fuel, so we stopped at the 672. I had planned to move up to 120lb squirters, as our goal was to hit 800+ RWHP, but I never got around to doing that upgrade. The car was a true daily driver, even has air conditioning, and I also drove it to Vegas a couple times where it averaged 18 to 20 mpg on the freeway going there.

The engine and trans can go together for $11,500.

The engine is still in the car and is fully driveable, so if you live near Rancho Cucamonga, I would be fine to arrange for you to come by to see the car and take you for a drive around the block. I will not remove the engine until it is sold.

You can also read a write-up that Car Craft did on my engine swap here: 1981 Ford Mustang - Car Craft Magazine

BlowerSwapDay214.jpg

BlowerSwapDay215.jpg

BlowerSwapDay216.jpg

Last edited:

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Wow this is badass! Great price for everything, turn key.
One question, were you running a returnless setup or return?

k_kenley

Established Member
I converted to return style. I will include the FPDM though, just in case the buyer wants to go back to returnless...

Also, the torque converter was built by Lenny over at Ultimate Converter Concepts...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread