2004 Stock Radio Confusion - Where is the satellite button?

mnetwork

Established Member
I just picked up a 2004 Redfire yesterday and I'm planning a few tweaks. One of them was to add an aux in option without changing the head unit. This car came with the Mach 460 setup. It was my understanding that all 2004's came with a head unit that had the ability to have satellite added and that is what the aux in units tap into. The head unit this car came with is the one without the satellite button. How can that be?

If this is normal, can I just buy and swap the 2nd one in?

This is a picture of mine:
IMG_20140816_001728.jpg

This is a picture of what I thought should come on an 04:
3R3T-18C815-TE_Radio1.jpg

Last edited:

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
from what I have read it was an option for the 04 mustangs and you should have the sat antenna on your car somewhere if not it probably wasn't installed on your car...

mnetwork

Established Member
from what I have read it was an option for the 04 mustangs and you should have the sat antenna on your car somewhere if not it probably wasn't installed on your car...

So you're saying you'd only have the satellite button on a car that had the extra satellite hardware installed?

mnetwork

Established Member
Anyone have anything on this? I'm going to try to pull the radio today to look at the connectors.

Took out the radio last night and found the '04 24 pin + 16 pin connectors wired in along with the '03 8 pin (amp) connector. This car has the 2R3T-18C815-AA radio which is an '03 radio. I can't live with this so I am going to try to rewire an '04 harness back on.

Users who are viewing this thread