2004 srt4 vs 2004 mach 1

svtpower

Established Member
i was reading the forum on ls1rech and was readin that a 2004 srt4 beat 2004 mach 1 i just wanted to know cause my friend has a 2003 mach 1 and he always smokes srt4s

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
it would not be a rival.

2 different classes of cars.

1. FWD vs RWD not same class
2. I-4 vs V-8 not same class
3. Forced induction vs N/A not same class
4. SUB-COMPACT SPORT CAR vs. MUSCLE CAR

get it got it good.

SVTman74

Established Member
EVOs and 03-04 cobras are still not in the same class. and are not rivals. Any car car can be made fast. Its what else the car offers that puts it in a class. You will most likely never see comparison tests between mustangs-srt4-evos and such.

The 03 cobra was in the works before GM killed the f-body. those cars are rivals. mustangs and f-bodies. just like vettes and vipers.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Agreed, I dont think that any srt-4 is close to running 12's on streets...? Slightly modded the Machs are closing in on 11's... what gives?

SVTman74

Established Member
What do you mean by slightly modded?? Hell to me slighlty modded is exhaust and intake, and I just barely hit 12s once, most the time I am at mid 13s with 105 traps. And the Mach1 is no more different than the 01 cobra besides the rear end.

RedFire2003

Established Member
I have raced stock srt's in my 03GT and they got me everytime and I had a few bolt ons they had boost controls and cia's I believe that a Mach vs. Srt-4 would be a very close race personally. No one here seems to give any credit to all these little turbo 4 cylinders that really deserve some respect. I dont think there in the same class but that doesnt mean they couldnt win!!!

HrsPlayingLs1

Established Member
I have seen 2 mach 1's run at the track and a couple of srt's and the mach's went 13.7 at 104 and 13.5 at 105. neon's were if i can remeber correctly 14.1 at 98mph and the other was modded a little 13.6 at 103. Pretty close but in the end it's still a neon.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 351MachOne
Agreed, I dont think that any srt-4 is close to running 12's on streets...? Slightly modded the Machs are closing in on 11's... what gives?

I want to know what you consider "slightyly" modded then.

As far as stock for stock, I would see the MACH1 coming out ahead. But if you throw around the same money at each of them for mods the MACH1 might end up losing. Bang for the buck factor is way up there just like the '03 Cobra.

99whitecobra99

Established Member
Last week at No Problem Raceway in Louisiana there was a 2003 Srt-4 that said he had a Stage 1 kit(whatever that means) and he was running consistent 14.5's. I have a Stock Mach1 with Just a Pro 5.0 and I was pulling 13.20's all night. I did have a 99 Cobra before the Mach and the best I could Muster with 275/40/17 Drag Radials was a 13.4.

Pyro

Established Member
The SRT's are no joke. It shouldn't be too hard to believe that they have huge potential. Afterall, early Loti (Lotus) were pretty fast and they were 4 cyl. turbos...I believe TT's. These SRT's have just come out and I think they will only improve with time. A lot of Mustangs are faster when modded but then, these skittles haven't been around long enough to be highly modded. Obviously, I'm a Mustang guy but you cant deny performance regardless of make. Oh, and it's not fair to say "afterall they're still Neons"....Dodge simply used the Neon platform and changed most of the car to accomodate the Turbo and increase performance. I bet if they changed the skin and the name, people wouldn't say that. Isn't the Mustang chasis based on an early econo car....Falcon or something like that?? (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not dissing the Mach, I actually like it more but give credit where credit is due. Remember, at least it's domestic.

Users who are viewing this thread