2004 Mystichrome owners - check this out!!!

SHOLANDO

Established Member
WOW...these look amazing!!!!!!! If I had a Mystichrome Cobra, I'd add one of these models to my collection!!!
On ebay: Vert
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...4306&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT
Coupe: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-2004-FORD-...ryZ45349QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

55_1.JPG

bd_1.JPG

10_1.JPG

8a_1.JPG

SHOLANDO

Established Member
Time is money!!! Who has that kind of time to remove everything, tape off what you don't want painted and then do a good job painting them? Plus you have to buy the Mystichrome paint. I don't think it's an unreasonable price!!!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I don't think Igot ripped off and I had him to do a custom one for me. It looks really great insode and out. Here are a couple of pics I just took with my digital camera and flash. You should see the glow when it is out in the sunlight. I will update pics later. I highly recommend this guy and his work. It is fantastic. He even painted the steering wheel and seats just like my Mystichrome. Consider the paint is roughly $400.00 a pint and the car cost $30.00 or counting shipping and handling I think i got a great deal at $100.00.

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04066.gif

DSC04064.gif

Hey mjzilinski, You would really like it if you saw it in person. My wife said the same thing until she saw it in person and she said it definitely was worth the money. It will look real good sitting on my car during car shows.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Just recieved mine at the end of last week! Goes great with my 2000R I did in Extreme Rainbow with chromies and lowered springs!

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Just recieved mine at the end of last week! Goes great with my 2000R I did in Extreme Rainbow with chromies and lowered springs!

post pics. of the 2000R, sounds awesome.

kennycoulter

Established Member
can you buy the real ford mystic paint? i thought they kept it a secret, or is there another company that makes a really close match?

95riosnake

Established Member
I think the scale mystic looks pretty good personally, pretty good detail for its size. Now if I can only get a 95 R model, paint it rio red, somehow make some svo skirts for it, and put 00 R wheels on it, I'll be set. I somehow doubt they have a die cast of that lol.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
TORCH_RED said:
I didn't know you could modify these diecast cars like that. Thats freakin awesome!
Yea I just found that out too, I have a 99 black vert, 03 sb Cobra vert, 03 black Cobra coupe, and a 00R. The only one I modified was the 03 coupe, it's lowered by removing the springs. I want a mystichrome model now.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
TORCH_RED said:
I didn't know you could modify these diecast cars like that. Thats freakin awesome!

Just like a regular car. I took it all the way down. Every part that could come off. I cut the springs, sanded everything smooth, sent the wheels out to get chromed(look at the regular diecast 2000Rs, silver wheels) shot the color, clearcoat and waxed it down several times. Very hard on these smaller scale cars. Orange peel is allot larger unless you use an airbrush.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
kennycoulter said:
can you buy the real ford mystic paint? i thought they kept it a secret, or is there another company that makes a really close match?
I've always been told that it was a secret. If you were going to use it, a guy from a Ford dealer would come mix the paint, and clean your gun when you were done. How true this is, I dont know, but what I've always been told.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I am trying to get permission from the guy who did mine to give out his email address for anyone who wants one done to get ahold of him. Will keep you informed.

Users who are viewing this thread