2004 Mustang GT, Torch Red Convertible - Custom Upholstery Addition!

MiDiablo

Custom Auto Upholsterty
Established Member
Last week we completed a job for Owen, a Member over on Tampa Racing and The Corral (AR15M4) and his Torch-Red 2004 Mustang GT Convertible. We just did a simple marine grade vinyl perforated insert, in a matching Torch Red color, and sewed them into the existing OEM Black Leather seats. This is a relatively inexpensive way to add some serious pop to an otherwise bland interior!

Here are some photos of Owen’s car:

owen_car_1.jpg

owen_car_2.jpg

owen_car_3.jpg

owen_car_4.jpg

owen_car_5.jpg

owen_car_6.jpg

owen_car_7.jpg

And here are some photos of the work we did for Owen, as we were completing the job, and also some shots of the job completed!

Sewing the OEM style pleats into the custom inserts:
100_1437.jpg

100_1435.jpg

100_1436.jpg

Stock versus Custom:
100_1438.jpg

Tear-Down of the Stock Upholstery:
100_1439.jpg

100_1440.jpg

Some OEM Foam Damage (Drivers Seat Bolsters) that we repaired before re-installing the new Upholstery:
100_1447.jpg

100_1448.jpg

Completed Seats:
100_1444.jpg

100_1449.jpg

100_1450.jpg

100_1451.jpg

100_1452.jpg

100_1453.jpg

100_1454.jpg

We’re honored to have been able to complete this job for Owen, and look forward to seeing the car in the NMRA Show at BMP this weekend! :pepper: :banana:

SSSLAV8

Established Member
That looks Awesome. How much would something like that cost?

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I actually opened this thinking it was going to be some kind of tacky hackjob that was found on craigslist or ebay. The seats looks great. Kind of 10th Anniversary looking.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
thats alot of gauges for a stock 2v :poke:

j/k the seats look like they came out awesome. i like that alot

RAIDERGT

2v with 4v dreams
Established Member
no its not crooked the seats aren't aligned as if they were in the car

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That looks awesome I love that mach 1 style. I've wanted to do that to a fox for a while now. Nice work!!

MiDiablo

Custom Auto Upholsterty
Established Member
That looks Awesome. How much would something like that cost?

SSSLAV8,

Thanks for the kudos bud. We did these seats for under $400 for Owen's car. This was done as an addition to his car prior to it being entered into the NMRA Show & Shine at Bradenton Motorsports Park this week, and in doing so we completed the job in 4 days for him. :beer:

I actually opened this thinking it was going to be some kind of tacky hackjob that was found on craigslist or ebay. The seats looks great. Kind of 10th Anniversary looking.

:lol: I can totally relate to seeing some hack-jobs! Actually, we usually wind up FIXING those for many of the local guys on our Mustang Board locally!

Thanks also for the props, and yes they're very 10th Anni-esque, however at a fraction of the cost. I actually got into a little bit of a debate w/a member over at The Corral, because he seemed to think that this was a bad investment for Owen, and that he should have just bought the OEM 10th Anniversary seats. To which I was a bit in disbelief, because the cheapest I'd seen an entire set (Front & Rear) of those sell for were about $1000-1100, and Owen got out with just under $400 for this upgrade to his interior. And this is something that only Owen's car has, not just an OEM seat swap!

thats alot of gauges for a stock 2v :poke:

j/k the seats look like they came out awesome. i like that alot

:lol: At least it's got Nitrous on it :rockon:

Thanks as well! We've really gotten a lot of compliments on the boards, and we're working on putting together 2 other Mustangs now, so we'll have those up in the coming months!

looks very nice!!

Thank you!

looks good!!!:beer:

Thanks a mille :dancenana:

Is it just me or is the stitching crooked on the passenger side portion of the rear seat? No offense, but if it's crooked, I'd be pissed.

Hey Skrat,

Thanks for your contribution to the thread! We actually had our own concerns with the passenger side of the rear seats as well. We hand sew every stitch, and we use guide plates on our machines to avoid anything getting seriously crooked. However, with that, there is some room for human error unfortunately. With that being said, the seat backs on the rear seat upper portion (the black) was actually a small bit longer in the one corner (closest to the window) than it was in the other corner (closest to the center). When we sewed that panel into the stock seat backs, it did make the lines appear to be crooked, due to the height difference(s) from the left to right side on the upper panel.

When we delivered the product to the owner, he was more than satisfied, even with the small alignment drawback. It's not something that is going to stick out when you're seeing the vehicle in person, and it also doesn't look as much of an issue now that they've been installed. Here's a photo of them installed:

22160870057_large.jpg

22160870062_large.jpg

it does look crooked

See above bud :coolman:

no its not crooked the seats aren't aligned as if they were in the car

Yes, the seats, now installed, look fine. As I mentioned, it was a concern prior to installing, so we were glad to hear that Owen had his expectations exceeded! And as I mentioned, this was a fairly inexpensive upgrade for his interior to really change it's look!

Looks like nice work though not my cup of tea. He needs a few more gauges.

Thanks for the props! I guess I never really looked at the gauges as a negative thing :shrug: :D

That looks awesome I love that mach 1 style. I've wanted to do that to a fox for a while now. Nice work!!

Thanks man! We completed a set of Fox Seats for another customer, but we went with the Terminator Cobra styling on his Fox Seat platform. Here's what we did for him:

101_3126.jpg

101_3127.jpg

101_3129.jpg

Thanks again SVTP Members!

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
i too thought this was gonna be some ricer hack job but the seats look very good. great job and great looking car.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Man I wish you all were closer I'd have that done to a couple of my stangs. I've talked to some local shops about doing it but Im afraid...

MiDiablo

Custom Auto Upholsterty
Established Member
LOL maybe you missed the nitrous kit on it. :lol:

That was what I had guessed too. No biggie :beer:

i too thought this was gonna be some ricer hack job but the seats look very good. great job and great looking car.

Thanks a lot! :pepper:

Got to love the Red/Black Seats. :pepper: It makes it really POP! :rockon: And you did it yourself.:bowdown:

Well thank you! :D And yes, "we" did it ourselves, my Uncle and I. However, we did this for "AR15M4" a Member over at The Corral and at Tampa Racing (a local Mustang forum here to us). My Uncle and I do this for a living :coolman:

Looks great.Do you have a website?

Hey bud, we do have a website domain name bought, and we do have a designer actively working on making it live. We should be up and live by the end of March. I never knew how much $ the web designers got for their work!! :kaboom: At any rate, it will be up in the coming days/weeks/month and it is www.affordablecoversandmore.com - but for now you can access our Photobucket Account to see some other work we have completed:

Pictures by affordablecoversandmore - Photobucket

:thumbsup:

Man I wish you all were closer I'd have that done to a couple of my stangs. I've talked to some local shops about doing it but Im afraid...

I hear that. Unfortunately, we are where we are. :( However, we've offered a service to a few out-of-state members of The Corral, and what we were thinking is if the owner would remove the OEM Upholstery from the seat foams, and then box/ship the OEM Upholstery to us, we could use that as patterns and make the custom interior & return it to the owner. Upon returning it, we were thinking we would have to make a detailed "step-by-step" instruction manual to be printed and included, as well as the necessary hog rings and a hog-ring tool for the installation process.

Just an idea we've been pondering to try and be able to reach out to more than the local market of enthusiasts! :dancenana:

Thanks again SVTP for the compliments!!

Users who are viewing this thread