2004 Mustang Cobra Conv Screaming Yellow

Grady

Established Member
ONE OF A KIND! PRISTINE IN EVERY WAY! I purchased this screaming yellow convertible 4.5 years ago with 11,165 miles on it. It currently has 12,365 miles. All service records from Day 1 are present. A Ford Employee was the first owner of the car in Michigan. The only modifications were some tastefully done bolt on editions which you can see in some of the photos. Look at the pictures of the undercarriage of the car. I spend MONTHS each year making the car look newer. I have many more detailed pictures to share. This car is Car Show Ready and will make a great addition to your collection! If you're looking for a trailer queen, this is it! $39,500
IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0813.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_1018.jpg
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_1385.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Santiago

Established Member
Mannn who ever loves convertibles jump on this it’s gorgeous and the price is great

Grady

Established Member
Mannn who ever loves convertibles jump on this it’s gorgeous and the price is great
Santiago, Thank you. I have many more detailed picts of my car, mostly of the under carrage, where it counts. I am 70 and I now want to purchase a muscle car from my area of time. Jack

Grady

Established Member
@Grady did you do the polishing of the exhaust? Looks incredible. How was it done?
I pulled the entire system off of the car. First sanded everything with 320 then started wet sanding wit’s 400 then 600 then 1000 then 1200 then 1500 and then polished with mother’s metal
polish. Ordered stainless clamps and did the same with. The driveshaft on these cars are aluminum and can be done the same as stainless so also did the driveshaft. I have many more pictures of the under carriage. One with the entire exhaust finished laying on a blanket in my shop complete. Anyone wanting more picts, just shoot me a e-mail to [email protected]. I also have my Mach 1 up for sale listed under the Mach 1 site. That is a 10k Azure blue 5spd. Jack

Grady

Established Member
@Grady did you do the polishing of the exhaust? Looks incredible. How was it done?
I pulled the entire exhaust off. I started with 320 and a hand viberating sander. From there I started with 400 then went to 800 then 1000 then 1200 and finally 1500 Wet sanding. Then polishing wheel with mother’s metal polish. I have no idea how many hours it took to do it, but alot. I did the same with the aluminum drive shaft. She is my trailer Queen. Grady

Live Wire

Established Member
Santiago, Thank you. I have many more detailed picts of my car, mostly of the under carrage, where it counts. I am 70 and I now want to purchase a muscle car from my area of time. Jack

Hey Grady, beautiful car, GLWS.

Just curious what muscle car from your era you're looking for. Another mustang? My dad is 72 and he bought a little '65 coupe when he got back from Vietnam. He still talks about it to this day. Was far from 'muscle' but meant a lot to him after two years of hell.

Grady

Established Member
Livewire, originally 63-67 Corvette. 69-70 Mach 1. The prices on these cars are crazy right now. Oh, actually my first pick was a 65-66 Mustang Fastback with the 289K code motor.. That K code motor is adding a minimum of 20-30K to the car. I saw a few nice fast backs for sale but they were $60k with the standard 289. A friend of mine back in the day had a 1964 Mercury Comet with the k code. They were high winding screamers. I also am thinking 69-71 Olds 442. Anything after 71 they knocked the crap out of the HP in all of the muscle cars. Actually I love my Cobra and Mach 1. My enjoyment is every winter alternating cars and putting one up on the lift in my garage, crank up the 60s music and make them even better. The key is to have a very nice car to start with. Grady

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I might be a terrible person... but this car is calling my name. Wanting a blower swap, black wheels, stickies in the back and all of the badging removed.

Grady

Established Member
I might be a terrible person... but this car is calling my name. Wanting a blower swap, black wheels, stickies in the back and all of the badging removed.
What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack. I would be rolling around in my grave even after death. Actually if I don’t sell these cars it is the Cobras turn this winter on the lift. Grady

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack. I would be rolling around in my grave even after death. Actually if I don’t sell these cars it is the Cobras turn this winter on the lift. Grady

Haha I knew that would be your response. I don't buy stuff to look at though, so I would have to make it 'fast'.

R-CODE

Established Member
I pulled the entire system off of the car. First sanded everything with 320 then started wet sanding wit’s 400 then 600 then 1000 then 1200 then 1500 and then polished with mother’s metal
polish. Ordered stainless clamps and did the same with. The driveshaft on these cars are aluminum and can be done the same as stainless so also did the driveshaft. I have many more pictures of the under carriage. One with the entire exhaust finished laying on a blanket in my shop complete. Anyone wanting more picts, just shoot me a e-mail to [email protected]. I also have my Mach 1 up for sale listed under the Mach 1 site. That is a 10k Azure blue 5spd. Jack
Incredible job you did. I’m gonna try using Bronze Wool and Mothers Polish. Thank You again for the tips and Good Luck with Sale

Grady

Established Member
Incredible job you did. I’m gonna try using Bronze Wool and Mothers Polish. Thank You again for the tips and Good Luck with Sale
To get it where I took it. I started with a hand sander with 320 and went down to 1500 wet sand. Grady

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
No black wheels. Ive always liked SY and the vert is gorgeous.
If I had $40k and 2 weeks with the OPs car as the new owner. Id do this
Nice car OP, GL with the sale of both your cars!

dsc_0196_zps450a37a0-jpg.547733

Grady

Established Member
You still have me rolling my grave. As far asI know the Cobra is going to Salt Lake City Utah. and the Mach1 is going to Georgia. Thank yuofor not buying it! LOL. Grady

Users who are viewing this thread