2004 Modded Cobra vrs 2003 Modded Modena

New2Cobraz

Hey guys whats up, well i was coming home late tonite and i was about to give up on seeing any nice cars out. I just got my car pulled and dynoed and was very excited to put it up aginst somthing. I was right near my exit when i saw a nice black 2003 modena, Black rims and a crome lip, with a modded exaust. I came up to him so he would look over and he did. I wanted him to take a bite but no chance. I ended up getting off on the next exit.. and so did he.. We stopped at the light at the end of the exit waiting to make a left. When we make a left i hear a loud noice from behind me and this thing drags his tail all over the place :rolling: holy shit! that thing was bad ass....

So he rolled down his window and he singled that he wanted to run. I said, theirs a turn then a long stright away up ahead, as soon as we go around tthe turn, stay even and well punch it. We were both in first at about 3-4k rpms. As soon as we came around the turn we both punched it. I gained about half a car on him, then by 2nd i pulled 1 and a half.. then by 3rd i was the same about 1 and a half then by 4th i was about 2 1/2 too 3 cars on him. I dont know how i blew the doors off of this guy, he was a big guy but jeez!!!
Well it turned out to be an awsome night!! and i had a sweet time!! :banana:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
yeah basically they run mid high 12's at 110-114mph somewhere in there. abit faster than a C5 vette but abit slower than a C5 Z06. pullied cobra should have no problem

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
MOdenas are not that fast in a straight line. An exhaust/intake Terminator would probly edge one out, let alone a pullied one. Nice kill.

Tman

Established Member
Always cool to run a nice car no matter if you win or lose. At least he wanted to run, here where I live there are tons of really cool cars but no one wants to run even if the highway is empty. :whine:
Nice run man!!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
What do C5 Vettes run? I had ran a 2 of them in my modded GT and beat them by 1/2 car up to 110mph. I had a mid 13 sec GT.

vettes usually in the low 13 second range at 107-110mph. fastest i seen was 12.7's at 113mph.. stock. but thats with a great driver and i think maybe radials? but yeah, a mid 13 gt should get pulled by vettes.. unless ur trapping well over 110mph. they probly couldnt drive to well

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
vettes usually in the low 13 second range at 107-110mph. fastest i seen was 12.7's at 113mph.. stock. but thats with a great driver and i think maybe radials? but yeah, a mid 13 gt should get pulled by vettes.. unless ur trapping well over 110mph. they probly couldnt drive to well

Yeah the C5's aren't really built for drag racing. More for road racing venues. That's why people are surprised when a their cousins the Trans Am and Camaro stay with them or beat them in a 1/4 race. Now a highway run is a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread