2004 Mach 1 Wins Solo 2 National Championship

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey Guys! Well after taking the first Cobra R to win last year in SCCA Solo 2's ESP... I went after F-Stock this year!

It was great showing the Mach1 is THE NEW CAR for the CLASS in F-Stock!! I expect to see more of em out there soon!!

I had long wanted to bring the title to the Blue Oval Camp... and this year was a great one! I won BOTH the Pro Solo National Championship, and the Solo 2 National Championship! First time in 15 years for a Mustang to win the Pro Solo Championship, and first time in 16 years for the National Championship!

Anyways... I just wanted to let ya guys know... next year... I have defected to the Bowtie camp... I am going Road Racing... in SCCA T2... and have picked up the car that took 4th last year at the Runoffs! (I will be back though!) ;) Next year is in a '98 Z-28

Here is EVERYTHING I had done to the CAR so Any one wanting to race a car in F-Stock can PREP their CAR to the SAME LEVEL!!!

Light weight BOGART Racing wheels... 17 X 8" Stock Offset.
STEEDA 35mm Tubular FRONT SWAY BAR.
XTREME Motorsports BORLA Cat-Back Exhaust
K&N Drop in Replacement Air Filter
STEEDA KONI Double Adjustable Shocks (Stock Valving)
KUMHO V710 SUPER STICKY Tires!
CROW Enterprises Racing Harness (Bolted to Stock seat belt locations)
1/4" Spacer on Front Wheel Hubs only.
SPARE TIRE REMOVED & 1/4 Tank of Gas!

That's IT!!! That is every single thing I had done to the car... oh yeah... and here are my 710 Tire Pressures... 45-47 Front, 30-34 Rear.

As you can see... it is very inexpensive to have a competive Mach 1! A couple other alternatives is you can use the older cobra wheels, or GT wheels... they aren't too heavy... but the Stock Mach1 wheels weigh a TON!

I actually have like 2 sets of 710's left... if you want to get them let me know... one set is BRAND NEW never mounted... you can have em for $650 + Shipping... the other set has 4 runs on them (just heat cycled)... and you can have them for $500 + Shipping... (the brand new ones are almost $850 delivered from Tire Rack).

I also have 1 set of Brand New VictoRacers... Full Tread never mounted... $500 + Shipping takes them.

Thanks again guys!!!

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Here are a couple pics...

300.aspx

270.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread