2004 Cobra with SCT BA3000 No Start

venom1307

Established Member
Hey guys, looking for some help. I recently added a New SCT BA3000 to My JLT Hi Boost air Intake. Went to start the car after the swap and it won’t fire up, it tries but just spitters and dies.

The product description and people at LMR told me it was a direct swap for 03-04 Cobra (and some Lightning models as well)

When I un plug the meter the car starts and idles fine. Reading the product deets SCT says “tune required for maximum performance”. I was expecting it to at least idle. I know I need to have the transfer tables are worked for the increased voltage range but shouldn’t it at least start and run?

Thanks in advance friends.

Side note: looking back maybe I should have gone with the 2600 based on my current mods, but I got a great deal on it. I realize now that the BA3000’s even wider voltage range results in more compression of the voltage table to map it to the stock 5V Range.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You need a tune. It's a direct bolt in. But the ECU needs to be adjusted to work with it. Unless you were pegging your old MAF you don't need it.

venom1307

Established Member
You need a tune. It's a direct bolt in. But the ECU needs to be adjusted to work with it. Unless you were pegging your old MAF you don't need it.
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

The stock meter was messed up due to some water damage at a body shop. So I wasn’t going to put a Stock meter back. I got a deal on this one for like $200 bucks so seemed like a good idea. Doh!

Plan to port the stock blower and in future upgrade blower completely.

At least I know it’s just needing a tune.

Thanks gents, you are a gentleman and scholar :/ cheers.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're going to port the blower it's good insurance to have. I ran one on my stock Eaton for a bit as my stock meter got a little close for my liking. It worked fine with that. I'm still running it with my current set up.

Users who are viewing this thread