2004 Cobra SVT vs 750cc crotch rocket

04boostedstang

Established Member
The other night I was on my way home from work and saw a bike. So I pull up next to him and ask him how many cc's it is. He tells me 750 I dont know what kind or what he had done to it besides exhaust obviously. I had my 2004Mustang Cobra with some bolt on's BBK throttle body, MAC exhaust, 2.8 pully, JLT CAI and a tune. So then I ask him to race. He says yeah sure. So on green I count to 3 then go and we go! We did about 0 to 80mph he was close but I won for sure!! I just feel good my 3600lbs car beat a 500lbs bike!
:banana:::rockon::beer::banana:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
The other night I was on my way home from work and saw a bike. So I pull up next to him and ask him how many cc's it is. He tells me 750 I dont know what kind or what he had done to it besides exhaust obviously. I had my 2004Mustang Cobra with some bolt on's BBK throttle body, MAC exhaust, 2.8 pully, JLT CAI and a tune. So then I ask him to race. He says yeah sure. So on green I count to 3 then go and we go! We did about 0 to 80mph he was close but I won for sure!! I just feel good my 3600lbs car beat a 500lbs bike!
:banana:::rockon::beer::banana:

3600lb car? is ur car on a diet? 500 lb bike? probably closer to 3800lb car and 400 lb bike. congrats on finding a rider that cant ride, that same race with a decent rider would be all bad for u, just a little heads up. nice kill though.

90GSXDan

Established Member
Yeaaah, Even my car has trouble with 750's let alone a basic bolt on Terminator. Congrats on the W, but I agree with Termi on this, good luck next time you run into a guy who can actually ride!

Dan :beer:

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Congrats on the W. I ride bikes as well. It really depends on what 750. Since you claim crotch rocket I assume a GSXR 750. Suzuki is the only manufacturer currently producing a 750. FYI a GSXR 750 runs mid 10's in the quarter bone stock with a good rider. Having said that; as a bike guy too, I can honestly tell you that a lot of people (most) cannot ride worth a sh_t. Happy hunting an nice kill.

Last edited:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Damn noob riders. What did he start in 3rd gear from the light. Correct me if i am wrong but the newer suzuki 750 trap in the mid to high 130's.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Damn noob riders. What did he start in 3rd gear from the light. Correct me if i am wrong but the newer suzuki 750 trap in the mid to high 130's.

You are correct. Current GSXR 750's typically trap 134 with good rider. Older model are a little slower; but even the 600's have been in the high 10's @ mid to high 120's for years. Launching a bike well is much more difficult than a car.

04boostedstang

Established Member
LOL I agree he was not the best rider. But it just made me feel good. To be honset when he told me it was a 750 I knew it would be tough, if I even won.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
LOL I agree he was not the best rider. But it just made me feel good. To be honset when he told me it was a 750 I knew it would be tough, if I even won.

You should feel good you won. If you do some more mods you'll beat others too. I'm telling you the majority of riders can't ride. Most are squids.

Swaie

Established Member
Yea, my first bike was a yamaha 600r not the r6...and I use to run neck and the would edge me out on the top side... And that's a carbed 600. He must not have been able to ride or grossly underestimated your car and was in third.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Could have been a Katana 750 and it's a turd.

Thats what came to my mind....I had two Gixxer 750s, and unless you trap in the 130s, a decent rider will blow you away....end of story

SlowLNF

Established Member
Good kill. Rider is the most important part of a bike. I've run 2 08 R6's. I beat one and the other freight trained me.

04boostedstang

Established Member
ok and if I had more done to the car I would blow him away!
Win is a win no matter what! It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning!
^^
And thanks to all who agree with this

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
ok and if I had more done to the car I would blow him away!
Win is a win no matter what! It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning!
^^
And thanks to all who agree with this

:dw: I hope you just quoted F&F as a joke :shrug:

And if you mean more done, yeah like a whipple and high boost. 750's have been known to run with 1000's. A bike that traps low to mid 130's is no joke and takes a serious car to keep up.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning!

Wow! A fast and furious quote. I can't believe you did that. It's hilarious.

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread