2004 Cobra - KB 2.2 - 51k - 17500 - SoCal

ellis4

Established Member
I'm putting up for sale my 2004 Cobra. My price is firm at 17500
Plated in New Hampshire, formerly plated in CA, I may still have the old California plate.

About the car:
Silver exterior / Black interior
Stock longblock
Kenne Belle 2.2L :rockon:
Kooks 1 5/8" Longtubes with O/R-X. (WILL NOT PASS SMOG, DOES NOT COME WITH STOCK HEADERS/H-PIPE)
Magnaflow Stainless Catback
JLT Intake
Accufab TB
60lb Injectors / Kenne Belle Boost-a-pump with wiring done by Racers Edge Tuning (RET)
It's got a 4pc Idler setup, I believe they're Metco or Billetflow. I cannot remember.
Billetflow pulley on the Blower
2lb lower pully for a combined 19lbs of boost (needs to be brought down for cali 91 octane)
Fluidyne Heat Exchanger
SCT Chip (not handheld, strongly reccomend handheld and retuned for lower boost)
10.5" Stock Chrome Rep wheels with 315 Nitto's, Stock wheels in front.
Brembo calipers up front, stock rear.
MGW Shifter (Bought in 2008, orange handle?)
Fidanza 4.3 26 spline clutch and steel flywheel
Lethal TOB retainer sleeve
Liberty 26 spline input shaft in trans
Lowered on H&R Springs. Tires sit about flush with the fender wells, it's very low.

Parts I have but not in car:
Baer Decelarotor rotors for front/rear and new Hawk pads
PPRV Delete for pumps
Walboro 255LPH pumps (was going to go return style)
Billetflow IRS Brace (have brace, not sure if I still have all the hardware)
Billet steering rack bushings to get rid of the creak in the front end.

Things you should know about the car:
The car is tuned extremely rich due to the high boost. 12.0-11.9 AFR I do believe.
Plugs need to be gapped tight .27-.29 or the car will miss under hard acceleration. As of right now the plugs need to be changed.
Stock fuel pumps are pegged at 6000, meaning new pumps (gt-40) are needed if you want to go bigger on higher octane. The car would make a lot more power with more timing in the tune. There is very low timing / fat tune to keep the car safer on 19lbs and 91 octane.
The car has had the KB combo on it for about 12,000 miles, and the car has not been abused with the new blower, or before (used to make 430 rear). No hard launches ever under my ownership.

The bad:
There is one spot on the passenger A-Pillar that needs to be sanded down and resprayed, the paint has chipped and there is slight surface rust near the upper passenger-side corner of the windshield. The front end shows how old the car is, there are quite a few rock chips/dings from being daily driven. There are a few nicks in the paint that had been hit with touch-up by the previous owner. This car is not a showroom condition car, but it does not look like shit either. I'm being honest, and will answer and try and take pictures of any areas for anyone interested.

Clutch squeaks on engagement, and has since I put it in. It has never slipped on me, but has chattered. Overall the clutch seems fine, just not perfect.

The car needs a new upper pully for 17lbs or less boost (easy, just need to order a larger pully ring from billetflow), and a retune done on the car. I Thought the car was going to be at 17 lbs, but for whatever reason the combo is putting out 19psi.
There is a slight header tick from the passenger side, it's not obnoxious, but I notice it so I'm putting it in here. It was a hell of a process putting them on, and I'm not pulling the car apart to replace a gasket.

The car has Recently rolled over the 50,000 (51,XXX on clock currently) mile mark due to being at work I cannot get an exact mileage. For the past two years it has been my daily driver, and before that I had it for about 3 months and it sat for 7 months while I was in Iraq. I have quit driving the car and riding a motorcycle whenever possible. The tires are still good front and rear. The fronts are faily old, but still have a good amount of tread on them.

I am selling the car hopefully to someone who will continue with the interest that I had. I've lost the motivation to keep going with the car, and just don't feel right letting it sit around anymore. I have gotten back into motorcycles and cannot afford two expensive hobbies. This car is a hell of a car, has been well maintained, but it not showroom condition anymore. I have put a lot of time/money into this, and I'm coming out very far behind on what I've invested. Someone out there is going to be getting a hell of a steal on this.

I do not want to ship the car and will only sell to someone who can pick it up. I still owe on the car, so the buyer will have to come to my bank in order to get the title transfer started.

I will send pictures on request (will be taking current photos soon and uploading just don't have any extremely recent photos of the car), serious inquiries only. No lowballers. I priced this for a quick sale at a very fair price, lets make something happen.

Edit:
Forgot I had a Heat Exchanger on the car. :shrug: I'm bound to remember some of the things I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

ellis4

Established Member
28591b8c.jpg

5489_140294502736_753112736_2651863_7299171_n.jpg

Exterior shots inc.. I'll upload one from a couple years ago, car looks virtually the same.
n753112736_1206546_8161.jpg

ellis4

Established Member
Also, forgot to add:

Fore Micro Click Adjuster
Fore Quadrant
OEM Clutch cable waiting to be installed.

More pictures are incoming.

trevkm7

Established Member
one of the few termi's left for sale that make sense to buy when half the sellers on here are creeping into the 2011 gt range with their price tag..fair price NICE car GLWS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread