2004 Cobra engine into 07 GT with TT

pqtiii

My 07 has a stock 4.6 with twin turbo with 15k hard miles. Two cylinders have oil all over the plugs and it smokes blue sometimes and white sometime. Time to get something that can handle more boost. I was looking to put a forged shortblock in, but I found a 2004 long block with 27000 miles on it. It is just the engine with not intake or other goodies.

Would this work with my car as far as the computer, intake, and other 07 parts?

How much better are the heads on the cobra?

What is the hp levels that the engine can take?

Is it worth the swap vs getting new short block?

WHat part will I have to come up with for the swap?

Thanks
pt

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
My 07 has a stock 4.6 with twin turbo with 15k hard miles. Two cylinders have oil all over the plugs and it smokes blue sometimes and white sometime. Time to get something that can handle more boost. I was looking to put a forged shortblock in, but I found a 2004 long block with 27000 miles on it. It is just the engine with not intake or other goodies.

Would this work with my car as far as the computer, intake, and other 07 parts?

How much better are the heads on the cobra?

What is the hp levels that the engine can take?

Is it worth the swap vs getting new short block?

WHat part will I have to come up with for the swap?

Thanks
pt

as far as computer, intake, and other 07 parts = no.

i don't know the flow rates of either heads, but to make an assumption, having the 3v heads ported makes one hell of a difference as opposed to porting out the 4v.

i think it would be more cost effective/smarter to just build a bigger, badder 3v.

for the swap, i foresee a computer, harnass, engine with intake and etc, well, the list goes on to be honest.

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
as far as computer, intake, and other 07 parts = no.

i don't know the flow rates of either heads, but to make an assumption, having the 3v heads ported makes one hell of a difference as opposed to porting out the 4v.

i think it would be more cost effective/smarter to just build a bigger, badder 3v.

for the swap, i foresee a computer, harnass, engine with intake and etc, well, the list goes on to be honest.

I MIGHT be mistaken, but I believe that the 2004 Cobra short block (bottom end) will bolt right up to his 3v heads...

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I am pretty sure the 3v heads will bolt up, I could be wrong as well though. I would just rebuild what you have with stronger parts.

Wildcard

Established Member
I'm running an 06 block with 99 Gt heads in one of my cars, so yah it will work. 4v heads are a better choice than 3v heads.

Users who are viewing this thread