2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra FS: $21,000

atikovi

Established Member
It's got almost 44,000 miles and is stock except for the exhaust and has 4 brand new tires. Remember, if they are not already, all '03 models are going to be out of factory warranty over the next few months anyway, so decide if the extra $5,000 you have to spend on a 25,000 mile car couldn't be put to better use on gas, insurance, mods, etc. This car is near mint inside and out and could pass for a 25,000 mile car. The only issue is the common valve train noise that many of these cars have. It's only noticeable when cold and you could drive it indefinitely with this condition as some forum threads suggest. Anyway, I think the price is reasonable in light of this. A dealer friend is going to run the car at a few dealer auctions next week and after fees he said I may net around that $21,000 figure give or take. If not I may lower my price then but its pretty firm right now. The car is in the Washington DC area but I may deliver up to 1500 miles or so. [email protected]

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
atikovi said:
snip.. Remember, if they are not already, all '03 models are going to be out of factory warranty over the next few months anyway.....snip

This is absolutely not true. :nonono: :nono: Warranty has nothing to do with the year of the vehicle per se. Start date of the manufacturer's warranty is the date the vehicle was first put into service (meaning first registered). I have a 2003 Cobra with a build date of 12/02 and my factory warranty is good until March 2007 because it was first put into service March 2004.

atikovi

Established Member
Sure the warranty the starts when the car is first put into service but the point was that most '03 models get sold from the fall of '02 to the summer of '03 and that the summer of '06 is just a few months away. Most car makers stop production of a current year model around August and then switch over to the next model years production. It's rare that an '03 would still be on a Ford dealers lot after the fall of '03 and you must one of just a handfull that bought an '03 in 2004! Hope you got a huge discount. Yea, I guess now I'm gonna hear from all those people that DID buy a new '03 in 2004.

atikovi

Established Member
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I detailed the car today and got a few pictures before it got too dark (sorry about the background). They are at: http://fototime.com/inv/C3CDE9F3B4B2B96 Will have a lot more tomorrow. I’ll probably put the car on Ebay tomorrow night as well for $21,000.

Users who are viewing this thread