2003 whipple/cammed takes new zo6!!!

stangfreak

Established Member
pecten man said:
I wish more Cobra owners like you were down here in Houston, I'd love to have a 660rwhp Cobra pull up next to me and rev the engine....

we are very happy for you

Tman

Established Member
Congrats on the kill!!!! It would be cool just to mess around with the new one even if I loose but I just dont get how so many folks cant believe you beat it since you are at some pretty crazy horsepower levels! My friend with 540rwhp, still on stock eaton and gears ran 11.02 so why is it so hard to believe?
Anyways congrats again! :beer:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
mustangbee said:
Snorman said:
Yeah...okay...where are all these 127mph C6 Z06's?

id like to see some pics of ur car, nice kill..its crazy it takes that much power to beat one.. u could be honest..but u understand right? ppl say some crazy 5hit on here..so as of now i dont believe it..and if the race went past 140mph, u would have lost...still, our aeros suck..that car will do 198mph faster than u..even if u have 800rwhp

Good god you are really retarded you know that?

The fastest 03 CObra did over 200mph with less power than he is making."fastest official speed"

I don't care how slippery the car is, with 660rwhp, that Vette is NEVER coming back.

PLus our DC is not that bad, CObras are actually somewhat slippery. :idea:

SO you think even if i had 800 rwhp, a c6 z06 is gonna get to "198" quicker?

PLease god tell me you're joking, if not you're the biggest dumbass i've seen on here yet.

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
He beat the car plain and simple. He beat a 65+ grand car and he has less than 40 grand in his. I would feel damn good myself .

lol, i hate comments like this.... whenever someone makes a big deal over the fact that a cheaper car beat a more expensive car. not tryin to flame or single you out, just saw that and wanted to say something about it. I see this all the time and think its not worth mentioning as ANY car can be made to go fast in a straight line. but at the end of the day, the guy is driving the new Z06, which is more of a race car than a straight line drag car. its on a level that no other car can match or the price. that will get more attention than just another cobra. IMO

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Uh huh.
But if an LS1 owner was posting about how his base Z28 beat an '03 Cobra will just LT's, lid, catback and tuning or a cam swap, it would be cool with you GM guys. "Just takes a few mods to hang with a Cobra"...huh?
We should all stop modding, and you should stop wasting your time on the third gen. It was a pig out of the box, and if you beat anybody, they'll just realize you won with a modified, inferior car. After all, you're just driving a 16-year old IROC.
I'm sure there will be whining for months when a bolt-on or blower-swap Cobra smacks up an almighty Z06.
Live with it.
S.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Good kill, and it just goes to show you that you just need more horsepower when the stakes are raised.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Snorman said:
Apples to oranges.
The C6 Z06's are going to be quick cars, but by no means unbeatable.
S.

Exactly. Most Cobras are not going to be able to beat the new Z, but there will be Cobras out there that will definitely be able to put a beating on them (modded or not).

More and more Cobras are running huge shots of nitrous or converting over to turbo kits. Just because we all saw one pullied Cobra get beat by a Z doesn't mean shit lol. And as the Vette gets more mods, it's going to make it even tougher on us. But still not even close to being impossible.

Those of you who want to beat a Z, don't forget the simple mods like removing weight! I gutted over 100 pounds in my car but emptying the trunk, getting a rear seat delete, midpipe, lighter wheels, etc. K member, a-arms, coilovers coming soon!

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
mustangbee said:

The fastest 03 CObra did over 200mph with less power than he is making."fastest official speed"

I don't care how slippery the car is, with 660rwhp, that Vette is NEVER coming back.

PLease god tell me you're joking, if not you're the biggest dumbass i've seen on here yet.

i meant 8,000hp.... dumbass..lol..

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
mustangbee said:
BmoseleyINC said:
mustangbee said:

i meant 8,000hp.... dumbass..lol..

That makes you look even dumber....HELLO??? Anyone home?

Are you 12 years old?? You have no idea what you're talking about cars wise....You know that right. :??:

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
660RWHP is enough for low 10's @ ~135 with traction, plenty of power to take out a 127mph car like the Z06.

MUSTANGDB

Established Member
The real fact lies in the weight.My car easily weighs 400-500 pounds more then the new zo6. Also at 660 rwhp and 30 degree temps, my car is very difficult to keep straight at a 50 roll in 2nd gear!! With better traction I think I could have had him by more.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
660RWHP is enough for low 10's @ ~135 with traction, plenty of power to take out a 127mph car like the Z06.

Yep. I don't understand why people find it hard to believe that a Cobra with that much power could take out a stock Z06 :shrug:

I would expect higher traps among modded Z's though. It looks like they are responding quite well to mods.

C.K.

Established Member
Nice kill. Let's think here...198mph...who the hell has time to go that fast on a freeway run, and if they do, well, I'm not going to say anything. That is really fast, and VERY unsafe. The drivers of both cars have no idea whats coming up, and road conditions could be adverse. Little things come up rather quickly at that speed, so, i don't really think we will be seeing any Z06'S and Cobras going that fast anytime soon on a freeway. We should just park them on a runway somewhere and see what happens....nice job with the Whipple, and keep up the good and safe driving!

delmarsteelers

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
lol, i hate comments like this.... whenever someone makes a big deal over the fact that a cheaper car beat a more expensive car. not tryin to flame or single you out, just saw that and wanted to say something about it. I see this all the time and think its not worth mentioning as ANY car can be made to go fast in a straight line. but at the end of the day, the guy is driving the new Z06, which is more of a race car than a straight line drag car. its on a level that no other car can match or the price. that will get more attention than just another cobra. IMO

Maybe I am just jealous I can't afford one, lol...........

mustangbee

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
mustangbee said:
BmoseleyINC said:
That makes you look even dumber....HELLO??? Anyone home?

Are you 12 years old?? You have no idea what you're talking about cars wise....You know that right. :??:

why are u responding to a 12 year old...with an 03 cobra..lol..BTW, i retract what i said..i REALLY meant 80,000hp.. i hope u respond to that, because it "makes you look even dumber"...

Users who are viewing this thread