2003 Sonic Blue (Just a feeler)

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
TRUCK IS SOLD

Huge thanks to the buyer, great guy, I hope you get as much enjoyment as I did!

3-1_zps5e1708f6.jpg

2-1_zps2ac4897a.jpg

1-1_zpsa61014a7.jpg

4.jpg

console3.jpg

Last edited:

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Beautiful L!

I would assume location plays a role in sales price. I've seen very similar L's (TX) offered anywhere from $15k all the way up to $26-28k.. Naturally the L's in the mid teens go quick and L's in the 20's are collecting dust...

:beer:

Last edited:

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Beautiful L!

I would assume location plays a role in sales price. I've seen very similar L's (TX) offered anywhere from $15k all the way up to $26-28k.. Naturally the L's in the mid teens go quick and L's in the 20's are collecting dust...

:beer:

Thank you for your reply! Yeah like I said, I really don't want to sell it, but she is just sitting there covered in the garage. :nonono:

GASVTF150

Established Member
Nice truck. I like the chrome 2002 style wheels. I hope to be in the market for a new L soon and sure hope to find one this nice in the mid teens. GLWS.

rich017

Established Member
You can get $20K-$22K if you are patient.

1.5 years ago, I bought the same truck except a whipple and same mileage for $21K and had it shipped down to FL from NY. My L before that was bought mid 2011 and it was a stock 03 SB (few mods like intake and tune) with 21K miles. I paid $21K for that also

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Thank you all for the replies and kind words! It's a really tough decision and I know if I do sell her I will regret it but she isn't doing anyone any good in the garage.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
That is a beautiful truck.

Thank you! She really shines after a good wash and wax

Are you interested in selling? Or still debating?

I am still debating. As much as I appreciate everyone's compliments, they kind of caught me off guard :-D I was just trying to get an idea on what a reasonable asking price would be and I got 7 inquiries in under 20 hours. I love this truck, I looked for 3 years and it is exactly what I wanted and while I know somebody could and should be getting a lot of enjoyment out of it I just know that once she is gone, I'm gonna go crazy. My Shelby is faster and newer but something about the lines of the L and the look on peoples faces when a 4600lbs "brick" blows past them is euphoric :rockon: I need a little time but if/when the time comes someone will have a blast. Thank you all! :beer:

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Post some engine pics! I'd think $19-20k would be a low estimate and would go up if you can find the right buyer. I'd encourage you to keep it though, I've always said that I'd never get rid of mine unless I had to.

vfast

Established Member
there was a white 2003 here in richmond that sold for 24k granted it had 12k miles and had about 550hp on tap..it took a year to sell. beautiful truck

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Here are some more pics. Again she is dirty but cleans up really nice. Nothing flashy under the hood, I was keeping her kinda as a sleeper but that goes out the window when you're sitting at a stop light and all you can hear is lop lop lop lop lop lop lmao! Blower, Covers, and Intake tube are color matched and hoses are insulated for the Killer Chiller. Also crappy cell phone pics don't do her justice!

3_zps7812336f.jpg

2-1_zps12e04ed6.jpg

1-1_zpscb89825c.jpg

engine3_zps2c12b838.jpg

engine2_zps77a6f4a0.jpg

gauges_zps861279d2.jpg

gauges1_zps24159bc3.jpg

gauges2_zps49242e48.jpg

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Please stop posting pics, it is just driving the price up. :cryying:

Hahaha, sorry Ive had a bunch of requests :-D

Where'd you get those gauge mounts? Truck looks awesome, i love SB.

I had a guy from "that other site" (don't know if we are still not supposed to mention them) make it for me. he does awesome work! I had to buy a new dash (OEM) so I also have the old one. I just wanted something different from the pillar mounts. The surfboard pod I got from "Ride The" I think he is still a member here. Thanks for the compliments! :beer:

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
Hahaha, sorry Ive had a bunch of requests :-D

I had a guy from "that other site" (don't know if we are still not supposed to mention them) make it for me. he does awesome work! I had to buy a new dash (OEM) so I also have the old one. I just wanted something different from the pillar mounts. The surfboard pod I got from "Ride The" I think he is still a member here. Thanks for the compliments! :beer:
Thanks dude, if you can PM me his info I'd really appreciate it. I also don't want any more pillar pod gauges. I have a boost gauge and want to add a wideband and temp gauges but i also want to keep my handle on the A pillar. Don't have much space to work with in the L.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Thanks dude, if you can PM me his info I'd really appreciate it. I also don't want any more pillar pod gauges. I have a boost gauge and want to add a wideband and temp gauges but i also want to keep my handle on the A pillar. Don't have much space to work with in the L.

I'm not sure if he is still around. I just went and checked and it says his last activity was in 2012. I sent him a PM to see what's up.

How much are u asking?

I don't have a set asking price as I'm not quite ready to let her go. I was just gauging interest and trying to get an idea of a reasonable asking price.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Decide to sell yet?:poke::beer:

Hahaha you're killing me man!:bash: I just got another inquiry too. You can see in the mods but just to throw it out there she is fully built except the trans and the rear end. Absolutely no issues with either but just thought I'd note that. I was saving up since 2009 and had many conversations with Johnny Lightning and was gonna take her to JLP and upgrade the blower, fuel system, add a BTS trans and let him work his magic. I had 800 hp in mind and he told me with the extra mods it wouldn't be a problem! Then the 2013 Shelby dropped and I thought, I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! So that's why we are here today. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread