2003 Sonic Blue F1A Procharged

badaz5.0

Established Member
Ok guys I have my 2003 sonic blue f1a Procharged cobra up for sale! The car has been garaged kept since I've owned it! In great shape just minor and normal chips from driving it! The car has 68,xxx miles and only 1500 or so since f1a procharger! The car will need a front mount intercooler and possibly a different intake! The car is on a safe conservative tune due to the maf being too close to the bov! This is why it needs the front mount intercooler to get the bov away from the maf! The car made 588/498 on 18lbs of boost on 16 degrees of timing 93 pump gas! The car will be a beast when finished! Got lots left in it!

Mods:

F1a procharger with the cog setup!
3.5" piping and big red race valve
Hpx 5000 mass air sensor
Dragon throttle body and plenum
Division x fuel rails
80lb injectors
-8 return and feed lines return system
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive a1000 stealth fuel pump
Division x fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail
Brand new spec 3+ clutch
Spec flywheel
Liberty 26-spline input shaft
Irs brace
18" chrome saleen reps
Almost brand new tires maybe 1000 miles
Steeda short throw shifter
Upr o/r xpipe
Mac Catback
Chrome bumper inserts in bumper
Terminator trunk mat piece
I'm sure there is more if you have any questions please ask! I'm located in central arkansas and I'm asking 23k obo

I also have original window sticker and Svt certificate! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399431216.250496.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399431232.126503.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399431261.812740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399431281.094502.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399431298.775243.jpg

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
You have any videos? Just a question, about how much would one be looking at to finish the work(install the FMIC and relocate the BOV)?

Monster Mach

Established Member
How reliable is it at this point? Is the tune a safe to drive tune and be fine with it? Or does it need to be addressed?

badaz5.0

Established Member
Yeah just install FMIC and relocate bov and run new piping and should be finished!

The tune is safe and drivable! It is perfect at WOT but trying to cruise at normal speeds it hesitates and bucks because of the maf going crazy with the bov too close to it! Never had a reliability issue at all! Wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere

2mchtoy

Established Member
This is what bums me out with this car. It's the color I want, but it still need a few grand worth of issues that need fixed. You know what I'm saying. If you go with an intercooler(procharger stage 2 cost 1100) it needs new custom made piping and a 99-01 cobra intake. Then it needs a new tune. It just kills me.

badaz5.0

Established Member
You can find a intercooler cheaper doesn't have to say procharger on it! Lol. Also doesn't have to have different intake unless you just want a different one on it! The custom piping yes! But will be a beast of a car once finished!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
beautiful. I always loved the f1a.

My guess is the biggest issue is the maf is in a bend. needs to be in a long straight section of piping. in one of you vids, the bov was right by the compressor and the maf was before the bend. If you went back to that, it would tune a lot better.

I say this car just needs a revamped charge pipe/maf placement and some 4.10 gearing and e85. And some nice big tube headers!

Sure wish i had the money for another sb car! GLWS to you

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Your maf placement is fine, trust me. Your issue is the bov. All you need to do is replace that long section with new and put the bov as close to the blower as possible and the car will drive fine. On this set up that is the perfect maf placement, I battled with poor drive ability on mine because I listened to the peanuts gallery on maf placement. Then for shits and giggles I moved it after the bend, problem solved. This car does not need an air to air setup to run good. I wish I had the money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread