2003 Sonic Blue Cobra for sale - 62k miles - $18k

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
The car is located in Beaufort, SC (50 miles or so from Savannah, GA). I bought it in May of this year and I love the car but some priorities have shifted lately and I just can't justify keeping it anymore. Since I've owned it it has been religiously maintained, and I've made some suspension upgrades.

The car cannot be seen until next week due to it being at my tuners to have some camber plates installed, along with a fresh 4 wheel alignment.

First, the BAD! -
-The car was involved in an accident July of 2009. The car hydroplaned on 95-S on a rainy night and struck a gaurd rail with the rear bumper. Damage was to the rear bumper, the reinforcements underneath, and the passenger quarter panel was wrinkled a bit. Since then the car has been repaired and is in like new condition. You can not tell there was ever any damage, paint matches 100% (im a stickler for this, no disappointments here). I compensated the bodyshop quite a bit out of pocket to repaint a lot of panels, the car is in amazing condition now. Only a few rock chips on the hood, that's pretty much it. Front bumper is PERFECT and these are typically rock magnets. No frame damage occurred.

-Ding over driver wheel well. Probably slightly smaller than dime size and only visible when the light hits it right. I think this happened recently as I had the body shop take out any others while it was there.

-No tint on the rear window. Previous owner peeled it off when it started to bubble. I had intentions of redoing all the tint but never got around to it.

-small fingernail size tear in driver seat and wear on seat bolsters

-Aftermarket headlights (old ones had serious oxidation) fog up a bit. I could reseal them and fix this.

That's pretty much all I can think of, there shouldn't be any additional surprises with the car. All fluids recently replaced with Royal Purple products, BG gear oil in the rear end.

Exterior I rate at a 9 out of 10
Interior I rate at about 8.5 out of 10 (driver seat wear is the only issue)

Now, the good stuff..

Engine:
K&N Cone filter w/ heatshield
C&L 95mm MAF
2.8" Reichard Racing SC pulley (~14 psi)
MotoBlue Idler Pullies
Accufab Throttle Body & Plenum
Bassani Catted X-pipe
SLP loudmouth catback - fully polished
LDC Head Cooling Mod
LFP Heat Exchanger
NGK TR6 Plugs
Diablosport Predator
Tuned By Unique Tuning in Hardeeville, SC - 452whp/460rwtq

Trans
MGW Short Throw Shifter (blue handle)

Suspension
Cut factory springs
Kenny Brown 'Matrix' Subframe Connectors
BilletFlow Differential Brace
Full Tilt Boogie UMHW Subframe bushings
Full Tilt Boogie Delrin Differential Bushings (Front & Rear)

sonicblue001.jpg

sonicblue002.jpg

sonicblue003.jpg

sonicblue004.jpg

sonicblue005.jpg

sonicblue006.jpg

Feel free to contact me by PM, Email ([email protected]), or phone (502) 759-3961

Again, price is $18k obo. Title is in hand, smooth transaction!

pifer740

Established Member
In regards to the car being lowered - does it wear out tires, or did you put caster/cambers on it? Sweet car by the way - I love it.

Mighty-d

Speed Matters
Established Member
what does car fax say?

Why you cut the springs and not drop it correctly? For me money to spend to fix right.

More intererior and engine pics for me please...

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
So wrecked and 18k or is that your starting price?

Yes, hate all you want, the price is extremely fair. The only ones who complain anyway are tire kickers who want to pick one up for $13k. It's been repaired professionally and is in near new condition. Paint matches, you'd never know unless you climbed underneath it and looked at the brand new crash bar.

what does car fax say?

Why you cut the springs and not drop it correctly? For me money to spend to fix right.

More intererior and engine pics for me please...

It is dropped correctly, do your research. Cobras have linear rate springs, not progressive rate. Cutting springs won't have the same effect on rebound and ride as it would on a progressive rate spring. It's extremely common with 03 Cobras, probably 80% of the owners do it. The ride is like stock, it doesn't bounce, and it doesn't bottom out.

Caster/Camber plates are being installed as I type this at the shop along with a 4 wheel alignment. I said this in the original post.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Yes, hate all you want, the price is extremely fair. The only ones who complain anyway are tire kickers who want to pick one up for $13k. It's been repaired professionally and is in near new condition. Paint matches, you'd never know unless you climbed underneath it and looked at the brand new crash bar.

It is dropped correctly, do your research. Cobras have linear rate springs, not progressive rate. Cutting springs won't have the same effect on rebound and ride as it would on a progressive rate spring. It's extremely common with 03 Cobras, probably 80% of the owners do it. The ride is like stock, it doesn't bounce, and it doesn't bottom out.

Caster/Camber plates are being installed as I type this at the shop along with a 4 wheel alignment. I said this in the original post.

If only you accepted trades.... Sexy car. I have always loved it.

Dr5.0

Established Member
I've posted it several times in the thread, it's in the shop at the moment having some work done, I will get interior and engine pics once it gets out.

I understand...I was just letting you know I'm interested in your car, and pictures when you get them... :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread