2003 Redfire Coupe Turbo/Proefi EMS/820 rwhp

c_mart_28

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Due to some recent events in my life, I'm considering moving along the red car and going a different direction.

Asking $25,000 or best trade or other offer.

Will consider most all trades. Not really looking for a truck. Maybe that would be the only real exception.

Ok to the details-

2003 Redfire Cobra coupe
32,xxx miles. Car is regularly driven so that may go up.
Clean and clear title in hand.
821 rwhp/831 rwtq on a dynojet tuned to 28 psi on 5/2014.

Engine and Performance-
Stock Cobra longblock
Hellion single turbo kit- 76mm turbonetics turbo
Custom 4" exhaust from downpipe to two 3" magnaflow mufflers
Full 2001 intake and front cover conversion. Small spacer. Ported lower intake.

ProEFI pro128 standalone EMS tuned by the very best in Chris Moore. This EMS provides a lot of functions that legitimize this car as a true street car. Traction control, two-step, no-lift shift, rolling anti-lag, ethanol content monitoring, etc. (Check out proefi.com for the full list of features.) Currently tuned on E70 but with the ethanol content sensor you can run 91 octane or the like and it will adjust accordingly. Would I go out and race it immediately on 91? No but you can definitely switch up fuel in a pinch and have no issues.

105 lb bosch injectors
Magnafuel MP-4103 (sq-750) fuel pump.
Earl's pro-lite 350 black braided fuel line. -10 feed, -8 return.
Sumped stock fuel tank
Magnafuel FPR
Taylor trunk mounted battery box with trunk mounted push/pull switch that honestly needs replaced, optima yellow top battery.

Suspension/Chassis

UPR Chromemoly K-member kit with A-arms and coilovers, Eibach springs.
UPR pro-series rear suspension kit. (Chromemoly adjustable race lower arms, chromemoly double adjustable race uppers, chromemoly anti-roll bar)
Fully build 8.8 SRA (Mosier straightened and welded tubes, 9" bearing ends, 35 spline axles, 3.55 gears, spool, diff girdle, gt rear rotors, Moser heavy duty pinion yoke)
Welded torque boxes
CHE 8.8 Heavy Duty Axle Brace
Strange 10-way adjustable struts front and rear
Metco driveshaft loop
Maximum Motorsports full-length subframe connectors

Interior

S&W Race Cars 8-pt roll cage with swingouts
Recaro Sportsman S seats, stock rear seat
Corbeau Drivers and Pass side adjustable seat brackets
RJS pass 5 pt harness, G-force 5-pt camlock driver's side harness
Hilton boost overlay
Raptor shift lite

Transmission
MGW Blue short throw shifter
Liberty gear 26 spline input shaft
Spec 3+ clutch and pressure plate
Spec aluminum flywheel
McLeod throwout bearing retainer tube
Royal Purple ATS synthetic transmission fluid
UPR Triple hook quadrante and fire wall adjuster

Wheels/tires

Street-
18x9, 18x10 GT4 wheels
275/35/18 Nitto 555's up front (75% life)
Equivalent to 305/40 Michelin Rain racing tires

Track-
15x10, 15x3 Weld Draglites

Honestly, the car needs a few things but it is 100% streetable and raceable. Ran a 10.13@138 mph in 90* August heat a little less than a month ago. Able to pull off 1.43 60's on 28x10.5s ET Drags. I'd reconfigure a few engine touches--needs catch can, tuck a few wires and vacuum lines. Needs new header gaskets (I have in hand) and has a small oil leak from the pass side valve cover (I have replacements in hand) Just stuff I haven't done yet.

This car is surprisingly quiet but the ride quality is that of a race-oriented street car with spherical bushings all around. Also the Strange shocks are not known for being particularlly quiet.

Car starts/runs/drives great. Still all creature comforts including AC/PS/PW/Mach Stereo.

I'll have more pictures and updates up shortly.

IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8224.jpg

cobrakillmode.jpg

01VNMS4v

T-E-X-A-S!!
Established Member
GLWS

but says youtube vid does not exist

[youtube_browser]QZLiJwltMB[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

92BlkGT

Established Member
Man I wish I was in the position to buy. You interested in 13 Focus ST? I'm about 10 min from cedar falls raceway in waterloo.

c_mart_28

Established Member
Well, if you frequent CFR then you've maybe seen it out.

I'd gladly consider all trades if you are in the right position to make it happen.

I'd honestly love to see someone get this car with a renewed sense of ambition to get to the track, do all the minor tweaks to get the absolute most out of it and bring it to it's true potential. I honestly think the car has 9.7x-9.8x's as it sits.

Who knows, if my schedule opens up and I still have it, maybe it will make a trip back to the track yet this year.

Also, new exhaust gasket install is nearly complete. The Ford racing gaskets are garbage. The stock mls gaskets are sooo much beefier. No wonder they cost 3x as much..

92BlkGT

Established Member
I mean honestly if you'd consider it I would gladly trade. I've been itching for another cobra and this one has everything I'm looking for.

c_mart_28

Established Member
Car has developed a slight whine in the forward gears of the transmission. Will just fix it over the winter if it does not sell.

That said, $2k discount. $23000 or interesting trade.

c_mart_28

Established Member
Thank you guys! Lance, it will be hard to let go but it's time.

I will miss it, though.

c_mart_28

Established Member
Did some testing with the traction control last night. Works very well.

Weird going WOT in first and second on the streets and not having it be a spinfest!

c_mart_28

Established Member
Turbo, standalone, big fuel, built driveline, tuned, 800+ rwhp, caged, all creature comforts and I'll even throw in the Tom Petty CD in the changer for the right deal. Pretty sure it's a greatest hits disk.

$23k.

Last edited:

deremer71

Established Member
Turbo, standalone, big fuel, built driveline, tuned, 800+ rwhp, caged, all creature comforts and I'll even throw in the Tom Petty CD in the changer for the right deal. Pretty sure it's a greatest hits disk.

$23k.

Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread