2003 redfire cobra $16,800

SVT4BUB

Established Member
My 2003 redfire cobra

85,200 miles
6 speed
still has irs

the exterior is 8.5-9. Just beign up front with everyone i hit a ratcoon out here in the country on my way home one night i had to replace the foglight bezel bought from ford and repainted the front bumper as well no other issues accured when this happened.

Interior is in just as great of shape also just minor wear on drivers seat no rips or tears.

Mods are:
Ported blower
fluidyne heat exchanger
jlt cai
polished acc. Tb/plenum
kb boostapump
borla stingers
bbk x pipe
centerforce clutch {will need replaced still very drivable}

suspension:
Steeda lowering sprins
subframe connectors
caster camber plates

brand new:
Nitto`s 555 275/35/18 front 285/35/18
chrome fr500`s
ford motorcraft battery
slotted rotors & brakes
ngk plugs

dyno & tuned july 2012 by ppc here in delaware ,ohio by brady
492hp/490tq

THIS CAR DOES NOT SMOKE AT ALL AND DOESNOT USE ANY OIL BETWEEN MY 3000 MILE SYNTHETIC OIL CHANGES & NO "HEAD TICK"

i have never had this car to the track as i dont really race more for cruising so sorry no track times for it.

This car is always garaged only seen rain once since i have owned it when i drove it home from florida where i purchised it from and never seen snow or salty roads. Non-smoker.tinted windows.

This a clean title car but i still have a lien on it so sorry no trades.

I think i listed everything. I dont how to upload pics on here but i can send tex of pics and vids if interested (614-206-0975) brandon

$16,800

Sethsual

Established Member
I spoke to Brandon on the phone a few nights ago. He is a good guy, was very up front and honest about the car. That said, the shifting problems are what kept me from pursuing the car. Please allow me to post the pictures which he sent me the other night. I'll try and keep them up until the vehicle is sold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrxUfKpbakM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsItJI4G4dk

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

Last edited:

SVT4BUB

Established Member
Shifting problems

I want to personally thankyou SETH for posting my pics & vids for me and comments

For the shifting there is no issue with shifting the car it is only when you come to a stop it is sometimes hard to get into gear I hope this clarifies this issue other than this there is nomechanical issues with my car

SVT4BUB

Established Member
I'm not much of a fan of Red Fire but I am really liking this car.

Thanks ALOT GUYS... I KNOW ITS NOT EVERYONES FAVORITE COLOR BUT I HAVE ENJOYED WHILE I HAVE OWNED IT FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS THATS WHY I WANTED TO POST IN HERE FIRST HOPING THAT A REAL SVT LOVER WILL OWN IT AND LOVE IT LIKE I HAVE:banana:

SVT4BUB

Established Member
Any idea on cost to get shifting issue fixed?

From info i have gotten from techs. & friends with this issue they all have said they beleive it is a pressure plate issue....so depending on what clutch setup you wanna go with is what it will cost you.

flS/R

Established Member

From info i have gotten from techs. & friends with this issue they all have said they beleive it is a pressure plate issue....so depending on what clutch setup you wanna go with is what it will cost you.

when my car had the issue described, it was the pilot bearing which needed replacement. Hope this helps to sell this car. The chrome wheels look good with this color

SVT4BUB

Established Member
when my car had the issue described

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT4BUB

when my car had the issue described, it was the pilot bearing which needed replacement. Hope this helps to sell this car. The chrome wheels look good with this color

THANKYOU FOR THE INPUT SINCE YOU HAD THE SAME ISSUE THAT MAY BE IT ALSO.

Zemedici

Established Member
just get a new clutch kit, and it'll solve the shifting issue. Its the pressure plate I believe. New kit will come with plate, bearings, flywheel, etc etc. Put that in and your sale value will increase a few thousand.

GLWS sir, car looks good, and nice wheels ;)

Users who are viewing this thread