2003 mustang GT...what should i do?

scotts99snake

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP. If I was in your case I would start with Full Length Sub frame connectors. Then shifter (steeda tri-ax), gears (4.10), midpipe, and maybe underdrive pulleys. Oh yeah, I would also lower it (eibach or H&R) and rims (17x9). My .02

red347

Banned
If you are considering going "boost" you might not have to look at gears. With a potential 60% gain in HP if you Supercharge, 4:10's may be too much. You can easily spend a couple of thousand on bolt ons, but once you decide to supercharge, a lot of those parts will have to be upgraded again. Bigger MAF, different CAI, different pulleys, etc.

With all the changes, would be a new tuner and some dyno tuning which would ad another $500.00

What is your goal for the car and what is your goal for power?

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
What are you goals for your car??? How much do you want to spend. All the boltons suggested are good but, it will depend on what you want out of your car.

4valvemach

Established Member
welcome:banana:speed has been coverd so as far as looks 03-04 cobra front bumper or mach1 chin spoiler.hood's cowl ,cobra,ramair or shaker scoop hood and for wheels deep dish fr500's ,bullitt's or 03-04 cobra wheels just some ideas

Last edited:

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
Dude, who the F0ck are you to say that. It's not bad enough you've got nothing better to do than spam the mustang section, but you yourself have SOHC. And for the record, my Lightning runs faster than yours lol. Nobody wants to hear you, K thanks. :loser:

sir, i also have an 01 GT. it's currently down, has been sitting fro almost 2 years, therefore it's not in my sig. i'm glad your L is faster, mine only has 2 performance mods and is on street tires. congrats.

secondly, i've already done the bolt-on 2v, and then built 2v route. it was fun, but 4v's just have sooo much more potential.

if you plan on just doing a couple basic mods and being 'done', then yeah, basic exhaust and intake mods, gears, subframes, and your choice of suspension is a good plan. of you plan on much more in the future, save your money on mods now. most can't be reused if you wanna go 4v.

red347

Banned
Were loosing focus here. Get one of those new Tork Tech blower kits. Good price, good power +60%, easy to install. Your done. 390-400 at the tire. Best of all...good gas mileage. Thats important these days.

ILLBITE

1 Bad GT
Established Member
I would say add a Kenne bell supercharger, o/r x pipe, LT headers, 3:73's, Full length subframes, H and R springs, Manual trans go with a spec 3 clutch, auto trans 2800 stall or better I know I am missing something!! Oh btw also take 4 valve mach 1 advice on appearance. I feel like my cars are faster when I add an appearance mod (LOL)!! Oh btw see www.americanmuscle.com!!

FABMAN

Established Member
IMO FRPP 3.73 gears = best bang for the buck. Add a shorth throw shifter (if 5speed), x-pipe & cat back. You should be happy for a while.

Throw in some lowering springs & shocks & struts and it will look & handle much better. When $ allows, add a roots style blower (Kenne bell for example). You won't believe the difference the blower will make.

Cheers!

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
i went from a 14.9 to a 13.6 with these parts
70mm tb pp plenum combo
gms coil packs just cause the old one had a crack
fms 31 spline t loc and strange axles
steeda ud pullies
3.73 gears
basanni off road x pipe
26*10.5 mt et drags on draglites