2003 Mustang GT intake manifold

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
I have a 2003 mustang gt with plans to go forced induction haven't decided if I want turbo or supercharger and I'm trying to decide what intake manifold I should go either the edelbrock victor Jr. Or the professional products on LMR website it says that I need custom fabrication for a return less fuel system what type of fabrication is required? What is needed to convert to a return fuel system.Thanks in advance.

chipss36

I have read about people running N/A making less HP/TRQ with the professional products manifold on the track after a little heat soak vrs, stock, quality issues as well...IMHO

edelbrock victor Jr!

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
I have read about people running N/A making less HP/TRQ with the professional products manifold on the track after a little heat soak vrs, stock, quality issues as well...IMHO

edelbrock victor Jr!

Yea I heard the professional products manifold was made of a really soft aluminum and when you tighten it down you start bending it but can't really take that as gospel I'm just worried about the modifications on the victor Jr I can't find anywhere what is needed. Thanks for replying.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
There's nothing wrong with the stock one if you're on a stock bottom end. It takes quite a bit of boost for the stock one to be effected.

If people are bending an aluminum intake when tightening it down they are waaaaay to tight. It's an intake manifold, they don't take much torque to tighten them down.

Also a return style system is going to take different rails, with a feed line, a return line, a regulator, and either a pump with a feed and return line made into the top of the hat, or a tank that has an inlet and outlet with a pump mounted inline.

Three21

Established Member
1. Turbo
2. Stick with the stock intake until it starts becoming a restriction. Then look into pairing a trick flow intake with a set of trick flow heads.
3. Glenn's performance and Lethal make good return style kits that come with 99% of everything you need.

Users who are viewing this thread