2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible Blk/Blk - Kenne Bell 646rwhp - 45k miles Meticulous

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
UPDATE: SOLD It went to a good guy out of Wilmington who will be working with Fastlane in the future for any additional work. Very happy to see it go to a good home!

[FONT=&quot]2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible - $25,000 negotiable[/FONT] (a bit)

UPDATED: Decided to take some more pictures this weekend and a walk around video.
Check them out here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjud9cox
Walk around video and interior while idling: http://flic.kr/p/9xC1Qf

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#2471 – I have original window sticker[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]646 RWHP, 565 TQ[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - by Fastlane Motorsports on 93 (all day long)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do not have track slips, times, or mph, because she has never seen the track. My friends make fun of me but this is a true weekender / garage queen and should go to a good home. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This car screams, the wife is scared of it and I love it! It gets so much attention on sunny days with top down, at least 1 person each time I drive it gives a thumbs up or asks to trade [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] I put a lot of hard work and money into this car and enjoyed EVERY step of the way. I have felt the power stock at 390, 455, 510, and now 650 rwhp, learning what parts make the biggest differences aside from swapping blowers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Details[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Carfax Clean, no salvage, no accidents[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Currently has 45,500 miles on her and I have owned her since bone stock at 12,552 miles (owned previously by construction worker and was given the car on payment for job, he did not need to keep)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have been meticulous with this car, I have over 5 years of gas records with graphs, maintanance, and upgrade records.[/FONT] Seriously excel tables, lists, and graphs showing the changes and maintenance records.

[FONT=&quot]I have pictures and documentation of her improvements and modifications all along the way, when I bought new parts, any parts I have replaced.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She was my daily driver when I first got her so she had to be reliable and she was used consistently but on the inside she looks new.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Over the past two years she has been garaged kept and only driven on nice days.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She ALSO only has about 2,000 miles on her since I put the Kenne Bell on. I can't believe that's it, feels like so long ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have always changed the oil myself with Mobil 1 & Motorcraft Oil Filter and about every oil change I also changed the spark plugs with NGK TR6s.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The not so good:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The paint is not perfect as this is a 7 year old car. The front bumper and hood have the expected nicks and[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the rear bumper on the sides have some sand blasting from the drag radials. From 7ft away, either way, hard to tell.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s getting time to have the transmission fluid changed and perhaps the fuel filter which was changed at 25k miles.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That's It!!!! This car has been my baby, pride and joy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am selling her because I would like to either get a new one that has some back seat access for my future family OR save the money for family.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]As I said its very hard to think about selling it and I want her to go to a good home, give someone else some amazing thrills and attention, what she was made for.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]FYI[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This car is being sold complete and will not part out. I do have some of the original parts but nothing close to bringing it back to stock. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Kelley Blue Book Value on the car private party is $22,270 in excellent condition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please no tire kickers, I do not want trades unless for 2011 GT500.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Photo Links[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Photo at Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC where Kenne Bell was put on with Snow Methanol kit.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Front seats from Side with Roll cage, MM 6pt cage installed by myself and painted black.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Example of carpet fit to Roll cage Front Swing outs
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Example of carpet fit to Roll cage rear main hoop BEFORE rear seat delete
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rear of Mustang (before tinted tail lights)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Side with Top Down at Tail of Dragon
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine Bay with Kenne Bell
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine with Kenne Bell and Fastlane Coil Covers
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
5526018815_89ff79557e_z.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Front End of Cobra[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Taking her to Tail of The Dragon - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...n-weekend.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Getting the Kenne Bell put on by Fastlane Motorsports - [ame="http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89591"]http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ad.php?t=89591[/ame][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Video Links[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dyno Pull at Fastlane Motorsports
[youtube_browser]4JHZxup4f9A[/youtube_browser]
[/FONT]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHZxup4f9A"]YouTube - Fastlane Motorsports Dyno Run - Jon Moody 03 Cobra KenneBell 2.8H 20psi + meth[/nomedia]

[FONT=&quot]Startup on Dyno, Engine close up, Getting strapped down
[/FONT][youtube_browser]nmx5LyWgDRs[/youtube_browser][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHZxup4f9A"]YouTube - Fastlane Motorsports Dyno Run - Jon Moody 03 Cobra KenneBell 2.8H 20psi + meth[/nomedia]

[FONT=&quot]VERY short driveby[/FONT]
[youtube_browser]f8TaxWDtsDE[/youtube_browser][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TaxWDtsDE"]YouTube - 2003 Mustang Cobra convertible passes Audi A4 on highway and caught on camera[/nomedia]

[FONT=&quot]Tail of dragon with Kenne Bell GoPro HD attached on hood (whine at 1:04, 1:52, and 2:21)
[/FONT][youtube_browser]Te86ZBdkx8c[/youtube_browser][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te86ZBdkx8c"]YouTube - Jon Mustang Cobra with Kenne Bell on Tail of the Dragon with GoProHD attached to front of hood[/nomedia]

[FONT=&quot]Quick burst from stop light GoPro HD from inside car attached to Roll Cage
[/FONT][youtube_browser]Rz3yWP7XUGQ[/youtube_browser][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3yWP7XUGQ"]YouTube - GoPro 960p Test Recording Driving 2003 Mustang Cobra with Kenne Bell[/nomedia]

[FONT=&quot]List of Parts[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Engine and tune[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tuned on Xcal 3 with 3 tunes by Fastlane Motorsports[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kenne Bell 2.8H kit from Kenne Bell installed by Fastlane in Sep 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.5" Pulley for ~21 PSI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Billetflow Pulleys & Idler[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]80Ib/hr Matching Injectors[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SCT MAF 3000 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dual Ford GT Fuel Pumps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vortech made modified fuel hat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Snow Methanol Injection Kit (Boost trigger)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Accufab Throttle Body[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]K&N FIPK II Air Intake[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coolant mixed with distilled water to increase boiling point (still good for 10 degree weather)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NGK TR6 gapped at (.034) (changed about every oil change)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gord's Heat Exchanger (1st thing installed before pulleys)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LDC Cooling Mod (installed with Clutch at 26k)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Brakes (all replaced and installed at 36k miles)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brembo Slotted Rotors [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hawk HPS Pads [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]German (can’t remember name) High Temp Brake Fluid[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Drivetrain[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Centerforce DF Clutch kit (installed at 27k)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Centerforce throw out bearing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ford Pilot Bearing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel with replaceable inner ring[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Liberty Gear 26 Spline Input Shaft[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Liberty Gear Shim Kit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tri-Ax Shifter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CobraBob Gaskets [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Steeda Shift Knob[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Locking Firewall Adjuster and Quadrant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Powder coated black Billetflow IRS Brace (installed at 23k)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Exhaust[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MAC 3" Catback Exhaust[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UPR O/R X-pipe w/ welded in Bung[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also have MIL eliminators but did not need[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Suspension[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MM Full Length Subframe Connectors and Torque Boxes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HR Race Springs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MM Caster Camber Plates[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MM Weld/bolt 6pt cage w/ diagonal brace and swing out bars[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Factory Bilstein shocks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rear Seat Delete (Polycarbonate matches carpet)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Electrical [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Red Top Battery[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Autometer Ultra-Lite Boost/Vac Gauge (A-Pillar)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Autometer Ultra-Lite Wideband Gauge (A-Pillar)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Autometer Ultra-Lite Fuel Pressure Gauge (Steering Column)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Xcal 3 with 3 tunes (87, 93, Valet) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wheels and Tires[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17x9 Chrome Factory front wheels on BFG KDWS tires with 10k miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17x10.5 Chrome rear wheels with 315 Nitto Drag Radials with [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Random Cosmetic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hood Blanket removed since 23k miles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cobra Emblem on front grille[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tinted Tail Lights[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]COBRA SS Inserts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SunTek 20% Tinti (Measured at 14.4%)[/FONT]

Last edited:

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
I also thought I would include some additional photos.

Nice clean Snow Methanol Injection kit in the trunk with a float level by Fastlane Motorsports. You can also barely see the two little LEDs, in the next photo, just under the center gauge cluster, one is RED and one is GREEN. The red is to let you know that you are low on Methanol and you should try and stay out of boost and the green is to let you know that you are spraying methanol. LOVED these two little additions, very functional for long trips.

Gauge cluster shot (imagine the navigation unit not being there)

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Thank you very much!! the weather is beautiful around here in NC but I don't want to drive it while its for sale. God forbid something happens to it now!

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
a little off topic but did you used to have a vobra and post over on the corral as "moodysvobra"?

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
hey im not interested in buying your car but we close to each other could you describe how exactly you installed the roll bar?

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Actually one of my best friends and I installed it together. He is an ex Porsche mechanic and pretty much has helped me with making the car the way it is today. He was the only other person I trusted to touch the car other than me.

He had the welding skills and fabrication ingenuity to make it fit as close to perfect and look professional. We took our time with it.

It wasn't so bad with the car being convertible, we were able to Leave the center console in and just fold the carpet over it to get to the corners. The hard part was really getting the rear brace plates to fit snug against the rear wheel wells. But we finally got it, welded them, and all was good. We definitely took the approach, measure 5 times cut/trim/weld once!

ChickenHawk

ProMod Driver
Established Member
Actually one of my best friends and I installed it together. He is an ex Porsche mechanic and pretty much has helped me with making the car the way it is today. He was the only other person I trusted to touch the car other than me.

He had the welding skills and fabrication ingenuity to make it fit as close to perfect and look professional. We took our time with it.

It wasn't so bad with the car being convertible, we were able to Leave the center console in and just fold the carpet over it to get to the corners. The hard part was really getting the rear brace plates to fit snug against the rear wheel wells. But we finally got it, welded them, and all was good. We definitely took the approach, measure 5 times cut/trim/weld once![/QUOT

Looks like from Ur first picture Ur buddy needs some welding lessons

ChickenHawk

ProMod Driver
Established Member
Theres always someone ready to criticize
It was brought to my attention that there was a sizeable gap in certain places and several passes had to be made to fill them in

Well according to him they cut and trimmed to make it perfect fit so idk y there would b a big gap that needs filling, im just saying if I had someone that clammed that they has the skills to do it and they made it look like that id want it redone.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Well according to him they cut and trimmed to make it perfect fit so idk y there would b a big gap that needs filling, im just saying if I had someone that clammed that they has the skills to do it and they made it look like that id want it redone.

K I get where you are coming from. Come see the car in person and point out all the flaws, thanks for trolling have a good day.

grizzy6360

Established Member
Its a sweet car! The welds..........really? I would buy this thing in a heartbeat and it is right down the road! Not in the market as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread