2003 Mods --- can't decide what to do first...

YELL-OSNAKE

Established Member
I don't know the flow numbers, but I would have to imagine at LEAST 25% more than a 65mm. Just bcause there is no restriction, like there is with the 2 butterflies. Put 2 silver dollars on a piece of paper maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch apart, and trace around them. then draw an oval around the two circles, everything outside the 2 circles, but within the oval is blockage of flow...this represents the stock type tb. It's a decent amt of material to be removed with the single blade. I'm sure some mags like MMFF will eventually be doing product testing soon. To me it's like one of those things where you go " Why didn't I think of that".

Cobra'03

Established Member
How does adding more flow at the TB benefit if the engine is not starved for air to begin with? The 03 has the same TB as the 5.4 Lightning, so unless the engine is modified, I do not understand how bigger is better.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
#1 - k&n filter

#2 - Dump the stereo. Add Alpine head unit with XM satellite radio and trunck mounted CD changer with Boston 5X7 seperates all the way around and a nice little sub in the trunck.

There, that's better :)

#3 - I am going to wait to let the aftermarket catch up before I throw a bunch of money on things that have not been tested on brand new engine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread