2003 fog lights fit an 2001 cobra bumper?

Fordman1994

Established Member
I bought a 2001 cobra a few months back. It didnt have fog lights. The person I bought it from said the previous owner took them and when he asked to buy them never got a response. So I bought some 2001 fog lights and bulbs. Went to plug the bulbs in and wouldnt go in. Looked at the connector and socket on bulb and noticed they were different. So I looked at 2001 connectors and 2003 connectors and someone definitely spliced in some terminator style connectors. So can I just buy some terminator bezels and fog lights and itll just bolt right in to the 01 bumper?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
03-04 fogs can be modified to fit 01 bezel. Not a breeze but doable. I did it for the cleaner look with the better lens.

chauncey01

Established Member
I literally swapped 03/04 fog lights into my 01 today. I like the look of the clear glass lens instead of the hazed look that come on the 01s.

Since the fog lights have different mounting tabs, you have to make a bracket for them to fit. Luckily I was able to find a “how to” guide on here that made it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Fordman1994

Established Member
It looks like someone modified the stock bezels. The stock fog lights wont even fit. The little plastic posts are too short. I already got some fog lights from blue oval industries and some nice bulbs. So I just went ahead and ordered new 01 bezels and connectors.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Any foglights will work if they physically fit in the holes. How you choose to modify them to do so is up to you. I put Envoy fogs in my 98 Cobra bumper... thing looked sick with them in vs the stock hazy ones.

Users who are viewing this thread