FOR SALE: 2003 DSG Coupe, 9700 miles, near stock, Houston, TX

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Not too bad at all. The original owner was in Spring. Are you interested? If so we could arrange a time for you to see it when you’re free.
No sir, I have a 13k mile OW. I was only wondering where other members in Houston hail from. I also offer my services for anyone not from here who may be interested, I will graciously meet with the op and test drive the car for each and every person who inquires. Each inquiry is a new test drive to ensure continuity. You’re welcome ahead of time.

Trix

Established Member
No sir, I have a 13k mile OW. I was only wondering where other members in Houston hail from. I also offer my services for anyone not from here who may be interested, I will graciously meet with the op and test drive the car for each and every person who inquires. Each inquiry is a new test drive to ensure continuity. You’re welcome ahead of time.
Awesome! I’d be more than happy to have you inspect and ride along for serious prospective buyers! No one will be driving the car without the cash in hand, but inspections and ride alongs are plenty appreciated.

Thank you for offering this up to personnel!

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
1674781242227.gif

Trix

Established Member
I don't think a new test drive for each interested buyer would be necessary on a sub 10k mile car if there’s 0 miles between drives as it’s sitting in storage under a car cover with a battery tender. An inspection and spirited test ride with a report back seems reasonable and very much appreciated for prospective buyers and myself.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think a new test drive for each interested buyer would be necessary on a sub 10k mile car if there’s 0 miles between drives as it’s sitting in storage under a car cover with a battery tender. An inspection and spirited test ride with a report back seems reasonable and very much appreciated for prospective buyers and myself.
Well…. It’s not really very humorous now that I have to explain it, but I was responding facetiously and the inference was I would come over and drive your car several times for my own amusement under the guise I was doing it for a potential buyer, but not to really aid any potential buyer.

In reality I would not drive anyone else’s car unless I was going to buy it, and I would not disrespect anyones property like that, which is what aided in the humor of my comments.

Trix

Established Member
Well…. It’s not really very humorous now that I have to explain it, but I was responding facetiously and the inference was I would come over and drive your car several times for my own amusement under the guise I was doing it for a potential buyer, but not to really aid any potential buyer.

In reality I would not drive anyone else’s car unless I was going to buy it, and I would not disrespect anyones property like that, which is what aided in the humor of my comments.
Ah yes - the sarcasm went right over my head lol.

Apologies - selling vehicles is often far more time consuming that it should be and at this point nothing is a surprise lol.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah yes - the sarcasm went right over my head lol.

Apologies - selling vehicles is often far more time consuming that it should be and at this point nothing is a surprise lol.
Understood. We gave your thread new life and maybe more attention. Good luck with the sale.

rockyred8589

Established Member
Hello All,

Selling my 2003 DSG cobra. It currently sits just shy of 9700 miles. I bought it 100% stock just under 2 years ago (with the exception of the front cobra emblem lol). I still have the factory mustang emblem. The motor is still 100% untouched.

I have made a few modifications to the car that would be included:
1. Tint
2. MGW Short throw shifter with momo shift knob
3. Stifflers subframe connectors (long rails installed, cross members are pre-fit/welded, but not welded to the car. I could weld them on if the buyer prefer. Have not yet been coated)
4. Borla S-type exhaust (has around 50 miles, buyer can choose between this exhaust or factory)]
5. IRS low profile bolts

The original owner had this car from new until early 2021. He passed away and his neighbor nabbed it and sold it to me shortly after. I don’t think the car has ever seen rain as the entire thing is spotless. I did purchase a set of AFS staggered reps with Nitto NT-01’s front and rear, but they will not be included in my asking price (stock wheels will be), unless the buyer would like to work out a deal. They have less than 100 miles and the wheels were $2400 new and tires around $1400.

Minor notable issues are as follows:
1. There are a couple of small rock chips in the hood. The overall paint is excellent. It has clearly been garage kept since new and continues to be (with a cover on)
2. There’s approx. a 1/4” rock chip in the windshield. Could be easily fixed, I’m just really OCD about anyone touching the vehicle (part of my reason for selling, having a hard time enjoying it due to it’s condition). To further explain my OCD on the vehicle, for Texas inspection, I had to go to multiple shops until I found one that would let me perform the driving braking/safety test. The first one insisted they do it, but I wasn’t letting some shop hand I didn’t know well drive the vehicle, even with me standing there lol.
3. The drivers side mirror popped off and had to be repaired. I had to swap out an interior part to fix it which made it so the electric function is no longer operable. Not a big deal if there’s only one person driving it, it only has to be adjusted once. I think it broke from taking the cover on and off.
4. Minor rock chips from standard standard driving. Nit picked examples in photo’s. Interior is excellent.

This has been a dream car, but I just started a new job at the end of the year and my priorities, income, and work life balance are changing. Overall it’s a good change, but the long term plans I had to ‘build’ this car will likely not be coming to fruition. I’m hoping that someone can buy this car and drive it more than I can justify. The condition of the vehicle is truly remarkable.

I have the clear blue Texas title in hand, located in Houston, TX. I certainly do not “have” to sell it, and my wife actually wants me to keep it (rare, I know). She’s been seeing me spend hundreds and hundreds of hours looking for this car over the last 10 years, and I finally found the one I had dreamed of. I’m looking to sell it for $42k with the factory wheels and buyers choice of exhaust.

Feel free to PM me direct with any questions/offers or to share phone numbers. If anyone wants to test drive it, I’ll need the cash in my hand, but I’ll be happy to take any interested buyers on a spin.

Note that some photo’s are on the AFS wheels, which are not included. OEM wheels are in excellent condition, as to be expected for a car of this mileage/condition.
Hello my name is Matt are you available over the weekend want to see the car in person how can I contact you and would you have the window sticker thanks I’m located in spring tx

Trix

Established Member
Hello my name is Matt are you available over the weekend want to see the car in person how can I contact you and would you have the window sticker thanks I’m located in spring tx
Hi Matt! Yes I’m available this weekend and happy to show you the vehicle. I have a good sized file of documents from the original owner.

I’ll Pm you my phone number, shoot me a text when you get it and we’ll get something sorted.

Attachments

• 3C795147-9EAF-49F9-8E6E-8D694A24FBC1.jpeg
    3C795147-9EAF-49F9-8E6E-8D694A24FBC1.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 123

Trix

Established Member
Post #28. That was a man on a mission.
I had no doubt that any somewhat interested buyer was going to snag it up at the absolute first chance once it was viewed in person. The condition of the car is truly remarkable.

gonzalez030297

Established Member
Hello All,

Selling my 2003 DSG cobra. It currently sits just shy of 9700 miles. I bought it 100% stock just under 2 years ago (with the exception of the front cobra emblem lol). I still have the factory mustang emblem. The motor is still 100% untouched.

I have made a few modifications to the car that would be included:
1. Tint
2. MGW Short throw shifter with momo shift knob
3. Stifflers subframe connectors (long rails installed, cross members are pre-fit/welded, but not welded to the car. I could weld them on if the buyer prefer. Have not yet been coated)
4. Borla S-type exhaust (has around 50 miles, buyer can choose between this exhaust or factory)]
5. IRS low profile bolts

The original owner had this car from new until early 2021. He passed away and his neighbor nabbed it and sold it to me shortly after. I don’t think the car has ever seen rain as the entire thing is spotless. I did purchase a set of AFS staggered reps with Nitto NT-01’s front and rear, but they will not be included in my asking price (stock wheels will be), unless the buyer would like to work out a deal. They have less than 100 miles and the wheels were $2400 new and tires around $1400.

Minor notable issues are as follows:
1. There are a couple of small rock chips in the hood. The overall paint is excellent. It has clearly been garage kept since new and continues to be (with a cover on)
2. There’s approx. a 1/4” rock chip in the windshield. Could be easily fixed, I’m just really OCD about anyone touching the vehicle (part of my reason for selling, having a hard time enjoying it due to it’s condition). To further explain my OCD on the vehicle, for Texas inspection, I had to go to multiple shops until I found one that would let me perform the driving braking/safety test. The first one insisted they do it, but I wasn’t letting some shop hand I didn’t know well drive the vehicle, even with me standing there lol.
3. The drivers side mirror popped off and had to be repaired. I had to swap out an interior part to fix it which made it so the electric function is no longer operable. Not a big deal if there’s only one person driving it, it only has to be adjusted once. I think it broke from taking the cover on and off.
4. Minor rock chips from standard standard driving. Nit picked examples in photo’s. Interior is excellent.

This has been a dream car, but I just started a new job at the end of the year and my priorities, income, and work life balance are changing. Overall it’s a good change, but the long term plans I had to ‘build’ this car will likely not be coming to fruition. I’m hoping that someone can buy this car and drive it more than I can justify. The condition of the vehicle is truly remarkable.

I have the clear blue Texas title in hand, located in Houston, TX. I certainly do not “have” to sell it, and my wife actually wants me to keep it (rare, I know). She’s been seeing me spend hundreds and hundreds of hours looking for this car over the last 10 years, and I finally found the one I had dreamed of. I’m looking to sell it for $42k with the factory wheels and buyers choice of exhaust.

Feel free to PM me direct with any questions/offers or to share phone numbers. If anyone wants to test drive it, I’ll need the cash in my hand, but I’ll be happy to take any interested buyers on a spin.

Note that some photo’s are on the AFS wheels, which are not included. OEM wheels are in excellent condition, as to be expected for a car of this mileage/condition.
can you send me a PM i am interested. i am sorry i dont know how to pm on this platform

Users who are viewing this thread