2003 DSG Cobra Convertible with Whipple

Formula51

Established Member
It is with a heavy heart that I am listing my 2003 DSG Cobra Convertible for sale. The car has 61,xxx miles and has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Serious inquiries only please. Call, text or email for more info and photos. Eddie Smith 864-SevenOneZero-955nine, [email protected]

The good:

Gen 1 Whipple – dyno tuned by Matt at JR Racing in Greenville, SC (very well respected) and made 560whp/500wtq on a dynojet at 15.5psi with 3.25” pulley on safe street tune. Comes with SCT Tuner.
Twin Ford GT Supercar fuel pumps
Zone 5 Stage 2 single modified FPDM
Kenne Bell BAP with Lethal Performance wiring upgrade
60 lb injectors
Granatelli BA2400 MAF
Steeda Cold Air Intake (stock intake tube and throttle body) with K&N Filter
JLT PCV Pre-Filters (both valve covers)
Valve cover breather with check-ball
Mishimoto MMBCC-MSTWO-BK Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can (custom install)
Heat exchanger (LFP Dual Pass I believe)
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch with upgraded throwout bearing retainer sleeve
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Adjustable Clutch Fork Pivot Ball
Steeda Quick Release clutch pedal quadrant and Fiore firewall adjuster (also comes with Fiore quadrant, MM firewall adjuster and extra factory clutch cable)
Maximum Motorsports clutch pedal height adjuster
LDC Freeplay spring (adjusted for proper slight pressure/turning of TOB)
26 Spline input shaft
Magnaflow catback exhaust, rear 02 sensors turned off in tune.
IRS Brace and polyurethane bushings
Front IRS subframe bushing bolts replaced with proper 14mm bolts (factory bolts are 12mm) to address the “Cobra Clunk”
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
H&R race springs
Bilstein Sport struts/shocks
MGW Shifter with Comfort Handle and extra sound deadening
Antivenom shifter mod and MGW Shifter Viper internal spring (also have stock spring)
American Muscle Billet Shifter Bezel (custom fit and looks amazing!)
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Welded Subframe Connectors
18" Cobra Replicas, light grey with machined face. Three (3) are perfect, small curb rash on right front from previous owner brushing a curb while parking (see pic).
315 width Toyo Proxy R888 rear tires
HID headlights and fog lights (Zentec)
New in the box OEM Ford Headlights installed in 2018
Newer convertible top in great shape showing just a few small typical wear spots. DOES NOT LEAK!
Convertible Top Hydraulic Cylinders replaced by Fairway Ford in Greenville, SC around 2015

Absolutely zero door dings!
Recent four wheel alignment and oil change
Fresh TR6 plugs gapped at 0.028”
Fuel Filter and supercharger fluid changed September 2017 at 59,xxx miles
New battery in 2018
Comes with factory tonneau cover
Comes with a box of parts including oil filters, belts, windshield wiper blades, spare set of brake pads, hood struts and a Maximum Motorsports steering rack aluminum/solid bushing kit I haven’t got around to installing yet.

The not so good:

Drivers seat showing signs of wear. No tears, just not as perfect as the other three seating areas.
A few small rock chips in paint from normal driving wear and tear.
Will need a set of tires in the near future. I have not bought a new set so the next owner can choose their favorite brand/type of tire. I highly recommend the Toyo R888’s for the rear.

Accident reported on Carfax. Previous owners (two owners ago) bumped someone from behind. Only thing damaged was the left front corner of the hood. I bought the car with a carbon fiber hood (since sold) and seller gave me the original hood in perfect shape except for the one damaged corner (about the size of a credit card). Hood was professionally repaired, paint blended, and re-clear coated by Fairway Ford in Greenville, SC in 2017.

Car history:

The history as I know it is that the original owner was a woman. The car was then bought by a fellow named Aaron Aaron (yes, his real name) who was in the Navy and based in California. Car was kept in storage in California and driven when he was on shore leave. He had the Whipple and many of the support modifications installed in the 2007 to 2009 range. Car was dyno turned by Racers Edge Tuning (RET) who is a well-respected tuner and also likely who did the install. At that time, car was tuned to a very conservative 528rwhp/480rwtq on a dynojet (I have the dyno sheet). Aaron sold the car to his brother in-law, Will Chilvers, in Marietta, GA. Will had previously owned a Cobra and was very knowledgeable about them. He took great care of the car and it was parked in a garage at home and where he worked (hospital). He had an amazing garage and his own lift, which I got to see when I purchased the car.

I bought the car in the summer of 2014 with approximately 55,000 miles. This is a second car for me and has always been garaged and only driven on nice days (only sees rain if I get caught in a thunderstorm) at an average of about 1,500 miles a year. Car has never been to a drag strip or a road/autocross course by me or the previous owner (we both always had/have child seats in the back, haha). I did take it to a “Wanna Go Fast” ½ mile shootout in 2017 at Heavens Landing, GA to see what it could do. Made only 4 passes and ran a best of 144.4mph, which was within 1mph of Hellcats, 6th Gen Camaro ZL1’s and some Vipers. Car drew tons of praise and attention which was a lot of fun and needless to say, its fast! The rest of its life, it has been pampered and babied driving my two boys around in “Daddy’s muscle car” and the previous owner’s two little girls.

This is one of the good one’s guys and I hate to let it go, but my youngest no longer fits behind me and he had to put his feet on the console the last time we went out. Unfortunately, that means it’s time for a four door. Will consider trades for a 2012+ C63 AMG or 2015+ BMW M3.

Price is $22,500

Cobra out3_resize.jpg

Cobra out5_resize.jpg

Cobra out6_resize.jpg

Cobra shop3_rear_resize.jpg

Cobra shop5a_resize.jpg

Cobra shop1_right_resize.jpg

Cobra shop1_left_resize.jpg

Cobra shop8_engine_resize.jpg

Cobra_Formula51_resize.jpg
interior1_resize.jpg

Last edited: