2003 Dark Shadow Gray Cobra for Sale

cornholio

Established Member
For sale is my 2003 DSG Cobra Covertible.

I am the original owner of this car and the car is paid off with no liens. The car has been garaged or kept under large carport its entire life. Always been a weekend vehicle, and never driven in city, back and forth to work type traffic in its life. I have always had a company vehicle to use for that. Never, ever, any problems with this car.... before or after any of the mods. The car has been given only the best and driven with respect by an adult owner (I am 42 now).

All of the listed mods were done within the first five years of the cars life. The vehicle as it stands now has only 25,500 miles on it. 10,000 of those miles have been put on the car since its last mod. The car runs flawlessly and everything works perfectly. Car gets 20 mpg on highway and 12 in city.

All mods and tuning installed/done by professional. Car is tuned very conservatively at 19 degs. The last dyno run on an SCT tune netted 530 rwhp and 528 tq. That is the tune that the car has now.

You will see in the pics that the car sits on aftermarket anniversary wheels. I also have the factory wheels and two 10.5 inch wide factory matching wheels for the rear. Those wheels have M/T E.T. Streets mounted on them with about 500 miles on them. The car now has Somitomo's on it for the street.

Factory motor with 25,500 miles
Stage IV Steg Port
2.8 upper / 4lb lower
Accufab throttle body and plenum
60 lb injectors
BBK Long Tube Headers
Off Road pipe with Borla Mufflers
LCP Heat Exchanger (COBRA lettering)
4.10 gears
Steeda springs and shifter
Slotted rotors

The stereo is ipod integrated touch screen with three amps, sub woofer... with all of the speakers upgrated.

The blemishes are a scratch above the passenger rear wheel well. This scratch is in the clear coat. The drivers side seat stitching where your left thigh would rest has a 2 inch tear in the stitching.

As an avid multiple Cobra / Lightning owner, I can tell you with all confidence that this is a wonderful car. I mooded it to the point that the factory fuel system would suffice. The mods and level of performance of this car, to me, are perfect. Drive it light, and nobody knows.... Hit it, and it's a beast.

Never ran the 1/4.. 1/8 mile at 97 mph with terrible traction.

It is getting harder and harder to find low mile, one owner, lightly modified Cobras. The DSG to me is also the best color. Had the car for 10 years now and am ready for a change. I Don't have to sell... I just think its time, and I would like another quality owner to have it. Prob more info that I have missed

I will post pics here shortly.... PM or emial with questions.

$23,750

Last edited:

cornholio

Established Member
2003CobraPics005.jpg

2003CobraPics004.jpg

2003CobraPics014.jpg

2003CobraPics013.jpg

cornholio

Established Member
The above Dyno sheet was the second to last run on that day... Not that it makes much diff, but the last run netted the aforementioned numbers

cornholio

Established Member
SCT hand tuner and car cover come with car. The head unit for the stereo is a Kenwood DDX418 that I just had installed 6 months ago.

Build number is 2431 out of 5082. I have svt certificate.

I purchased the car new on 01-19-2004.

The lower control arm bushings were replaced about 1.5 years ago. I am sure I will remember more items to post as the days pass.

cornholio

Established Member
Thanks... And they are minor. The scratch is a clear coat 2000 grid and rub out.. prob 200$... and the lower stitch tear is also a 100$ repair at a proper interior shop. It is indeed a great, great car. If it does not sell.... Oh Well...

I was very surprised when Ford said 20500 on trade for the 2013... But i would very, very much rather the car goes to a fellow enthusiast if it leaves my hands. I will not allow it to sit on some car lot.

cornholio

Established Member
Mileage is low. Mods are appropriate and professionally installed. Performance #'s are accurate. The car is the combination of quite independence and obnoxious performance.

From what I have seen on here and in person, for Cobras, the miles, price, mods, number of owners, or combination there of, are usually too high.

This one is well below the average of all of them.... Its not a give away and I am not asking to much. If somebody wants it, it will happen. If not, I will keep smiling, blasting my rock and roll, and putting 50 miles a month on her....

Users who are viewing this thread