2003 conv cobra vrs wrx with 408 wrhp outcome??

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
I have a pullied cobra 2.76 with jlt intake, exhaust, tune, 315 nto5rs , and put down 468 wrhp. What would you guys think would be the outcome going from a 40-120 roll he has 408 wrhp and weighs in at 3000lbs?

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
you will rape him if you can drive to save your life... Dont run from a dig, but from a roll, those Subies are horrible. My car made 356 and I ran a 430 wheel STi from a 50 ricer roll and he pulled me one car. Should also note the STi was in 2nd, should have been 3rd, but he can drive. Also, take into consideration where they make their power, your curve and gearing is much better

Last edited:

SS EATR

Established Member
You should take him from a roll, I ran a low 400 whp evo with my old high 400 whp cobra and put a couple cars on him, so the outcome should be about the same

Last edited:

Alien STI

Established Member
you will rape him if you can drive to save your life... Dont run from a dig, but from a roll, those Subies are horrible. My car made 356 and I ran a 430 wheel STi from a 50 ricer roll and he pulled me one car. Should also note the STi was in 2nd, should have been 3rd, but he can drive. Also, take into consideration where they make their power, your curve and gearing is much better

LOL are you serious Hah. If he honestly made 430 whp to your 356 he could have granny shifted and shited on you. His car weighs less than yours and makes almost 100 more whp than you and he pulled 1 car...somethings wrong buddy. Any way OP becareful because you just might lose., hes got you by weight and you don't make that much more power than him ,but numbers don't mean anything so run him and get it on video. Just beaware it might be closer than you think.

Last edited:

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Any way OP becareful because you just might lose., hes got you by weight and you don't make that much more power than him ,but numbers don't mean anything so run him and get it on video. Just unaware it might ne closer than you think.

I'd have to agree. I raced a buddy's 99 Cobra before my Eclipse was tuned and we made similar power, but I took off on him like he threw out an anchor.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
LOL are you serious Hah. If he honestly made 430 whp to your 356 he could have granny shifted and shited on you. His car weighs less than yours and makes almost 100 more whp than you and he pulled 1 car...somethings wrong buddy. Any way OP becareful because you just might lose., hes got you by weight and you don't make that much more power than him ,but numbers don't mean anything so run him and get it on video. Just beaware it might be closer than you think.

this was the 09 I think, whenever they were hatches, and im not sure what they weight. My car is about 3350 without me in it, and the way my cams are set up, I make peak power at 6500 and flatline to my rev limit at 7.
Once I get better tires were gonna dig and youll be happy because I know it will be more than one car I get beat lol

Alien STI

Established Member
this was the 09 I think, whenever they were hatches, and im not sure what they weight. My car is about 3350 without me in it, and the way my cams are set up, I make peak power at 6500 and flatline to my rev limit at 7.
Once I get better tires were gonna dig and youll be happy because I know it will be more than one car I get beat lol

I wont be happy because im not racing you. If you in the dmw area ill run you from a roll. Also Im not looking to see you lose a race, It just didnt make since when you said your car made about 80Whp less than the subaru and he barley beat you by a car with you guys cars weighing around about the same weight. Thats simple power to weight. Now what does your car weigh from the factory because thats pretty light 3,350. The subaru weighs just about that much. Elevation plays a roll as well so that could also be why he barley got you, but honestly i think his numbers are over rated.

Last edited:

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Well thanks for the input guys...... We are friends and I def have the driver mod not sure about him as this is his first "fast" car. Prob run a in a few weeks when the weather breaks soon.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
I wont be happy because im not racing you. If you in the dmw area ill run you from a roll. Also Im not looking to see you lose a race, It just didnt make since when you said your car made about 80Whp less than the subaru and he barley beat you by a car with you guys cars weighing around about the same weight. Thats simple power to weight. Now what does your car weigh from the factory because thats pretty light 3,350. The subaru weighs just about that much. Elevation plays a roll as well so that could also be why he barley got you, but honestly i think his numbers are over rated.

Factory is 3450 on the 5sp Mach 1s. Im in Southern Ohio, so a bit too much of a drive. I actually went out and looked at an 04 STi in Baltimore thursday. The tracks around here open up pretty soon, ill see what his car runs there, dyno numbers mean nothing without a time slip to back it up.

Vigilante375

Established Member
WRXs/STIs are AWD so thats a pretty stout number but from what I hear the WRX crowd likes to get those numbers from peak HP so I doubt he has a great power curve. Probably hitting it when the boost kicks in but who knows as anything can happen on the street. He would get you out of the hole but you will reel him in but from a roll.......who knows but I'm sure you'll get him by a couple cars or more.

Last edited:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
You should take him from a roll, I ran a low 400 whp evo with my old high 400 whp cobra and put a couple cars on him, so the outcome should be about the same

he wasnt in the 400s. i can tell you that right now. a 370whp evo is about equal to a cobra running around 470-480rwhp.

Alien STI

Established Member
he wasnt in the 400s. i can tell you that right now. a 370whp evo is about equal to a cobra running around 470-480rwhp.

excatly, lol that just doesnt compute haha. An its pretty much the same for the sti, we dont need nearly the hp to win... and some of the races mentioned above just dont make since if the numbers are accurate.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
here is two of the STi I ran, idk what the rules are on here, so this response is probably going to be removed. The first run was a better mph for me, excuse the shifting in the first video, the car was apart over a year and this was 2 weeks after it was running. BUMP this thread when you race OP!!!
Mach 1 (potter) vs STi rd 2 - YouTube The STi will undoubtedly pull me, but for a car that runs 11.5s not much at all, he has excellent bottom end but less than impressive top. Its on pump with a rotated 35r

Alien STI

Established Member
here is two of the STi I ran, idk what the rules are on here, so this response is probably going to be removed. The first run was a better mph for me, excuse the shifting in the first video, the car was apart over a year and this was 2 weeks after it was running. BUMP this thread when you race OP!!!
Mach 1 (potter) vs STi rd 2 - YouTube The STi will undoubtedly pull me, but for a car that runs 11.5s not much at all, he has excellent bottom end but less than impressive top. Its on pump with a rotated 35r

Sti's arent really good at the 1/4 on the track. Catch them on the street ina 1/4. That 35r is on low boost or poorly tuned if he only made 430... did he have a built motor? I see why you think all sti's have poor top side.. glad it was a hatch, i dislike them anyway.

termynator

Established Member
i ran a buddy of mine with my cat back only 03 cobra vs his bolt on 11 or 12 wrx..his car put down 34Xwhp and i pulled 2 cars all 3 times we ran

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I cant remember what my roommates STi put down. Stock turbo but full bolt-ons and e85. I think it was around 350/420?

he was overconfident with his car after he got it tuned and decided to call me out in my C5 Z. I ran him on motor when it was making 440/405 and walked him. Then he told me to turn off the spray (I wasnt using it prior). Ran him again with the spray to show him I wasnt spraying before... And blew his doors off.

Theyre quick cars.

With the power lever that WRX is making i'd say its gonna be close from a roll, but watch out for the dig runs, especially on the street. You should be able to edge him out though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread