2003 cobra with diablosport timing Qs

CtSvt

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra , when I bought it it came with an intake and a diablo sport predator, I did some research and everyone recommends sct over diablo but hey it came with the car so I am going to use it for now . I installed a upr o/r x pipe , magnaflow cat back , aeroforce interceptor scan gauge with wideband for tuning purposes and installed the performance tune , it ran a tad lean so I added some fuel using the handheld and got the afr around 11.7-11.9 , My next question is about timing I saw about 26* of timing max and from my understanding these cars don't have knock sensors ??? How do I know if its running too much timing ? How many % is equal to degrees while modifying the tune ???

watman02

Established Member
you saw 26*timing under boost? that sounds like alot. but Im a high CR car so Im alot lower than that. what boost psi u running?

CtSvt

Established Member
you saw 26*timing under boost? that sounds like alot. but Im a high CR car so Im alot lower than that. what boost psi u running?

I still run on the stock pulley so I guess 8psi ?? Im going to do a few more pulls and check timing again

cbrtrx

Established Member
I still run on the stock pulley so I guess 8psi ?? Im going to do a few more pulls and check timing again

On a stock pulley 3.65" (8psi) I could see the performance tune hitting 26* depending upon different variables. Its very common to see 23* on a bolt on 2.80" pulley car.

Users who are viewing this thread