2003 Cobra vs 2010 Camaro SS

badaz5.0

Established Member
Well I finally got a new camaro ss to play with me the other day!! Usually when I see one around where I live they never wanna play for some reason?? lol Well I finally found one that wanted to play so we hit the interstate and we did a run from like 80ish - 135ish! I know it was a little fast but he wouldnt slow anymore than that so I started in fourth and should have went to third but it didn't make any difference! I was at like 3500 in fourth and he says you go and I will catch you! lol I told him that I didn't think that was a good idea! lol So I told him lets just honk it off to be more fair and he agrees. We honk it off and we hit it and I instantly start pulling on him hard! I just went through fourth gear because I was bus lengths in front of him at this point! I don't think he had a clue what a cobra was because I slowed down and he caught up and says "What the **** do you have in that thing?" lol I just kinda rubbed it in more and said its just a little ole 4.6L! lol

Anyway I just thought I would post my kill even though its not a huge kill in anyway. He was a nice guy though he just gave me a thumbs up and off he went. Oh and my mods are in my sig. I was kinda expecting this outcome but did not expect to win by that much? What do you guys think? Should I have beat him like that or do you think it should have been closer?:rockon:

badaz5.0

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yeah the dude thought he had me beat before we even ran! Lol. I can't believe people pick on cars they have no idea about what they have! Lol

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
That guy sounded pretty confident for not knowing what he was going up against.

That's what happens when you go out and buy a brand new ss after watching transformers and seeing the 400+ hp rating think it's on another world compared to other cars. Seems like most 2010 SS owners act like this..

S8ER01Z

Established Member
That's what happens when you go out and buy a brand new ss after watching transformers and seeing the 400+ hp rating think it's on another world compared to other cars.

QFTT!

No shock here... you had him stock vs stock let alone with your setup. Nice kill!

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
I had a 2010 Camaro for 2 months..Put a MBRP catback and R2C Cold air intake... Ran better but was not impressive... Sold the car and went back to a 03 Cobra.... Now I am fast again with money back in my pocket.. It did ride and drive pretty good.. But performance was nothing like a 03 Cobra....

90GSXDan

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yeah the dude thought he had me beat before we even ran! Lol. I can't believe people pick on cars they have no idea about what they have! Lol

Your absolutely right! Some dude with a slicked Ported Eaton Lightening REALLY thought he had me in the bag before he even heard my car running. I felt sorry for him, because even with me spinning all through first even with AWD, by mid of 2nd I was 3 1/2 cars ahead, then I let off towards the top of 3rd when I was a solid 7-8 cars ahead.

Great Kill! I heard the new SS's were pretty mean. Seen a couple of videos where they gave some Cobra's a run for their money!

Dan :beer:

badaz5.0

Established Member
Thanks guys I just wasn't expecting to put bus lengths on him like that! Oh well I guess it is what it is and maybe he will do some more research on the terminators before he see's another one! Lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn video would have been sweet. I think the outcome would have been way worse starting in 2nd gear from a 40-120mph roll.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Your absolutely right! Some dude with a slicked Ported Eaton Lightening REALLY thought he had me in the bag before he even heard my car running. I felt sorry for him, because even with me spinning all through first even with AWD, by mid of 2nd I was 3 1/2 cars ahead, then I let off towards the top of 3rd when I was a solid 7-8 cars ahead.

Great Kill! I heard the new SS's were pretty mean. Seen a couple of videos where they gave some Cobra's a run for their money!

Dan :beer:

You lie!!! Show these videos at once! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread