2003 cobra vert worth it?

qbeanjoe

Banned
does anyone have the stats on a 2003 convertible cobra to a coupe cobra? like 1/4 mile, 0-60, g's, and weight? I am thinking about buying a vert, is it worth it or get the coupe thats lighter?

stevieb

Established Member
You wont get as many vibrations or rattles on a coupe compared to a vert. They are safer in a rollover, and in the winter you might be happier with a hard top.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
well i will just say, once you go vert you will never want to be without one.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Guys, he's in LA. He needs the vert.

Just be prepared to replace the top at least once every 3 years on the outside. I'd budget about $350 a year for top replacements, that way you'll have the $1K you'll need every 3.

That is, unless some shithole decides to slash your top for no good reason.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
If you want it to be all about performance and speed, then get a coupe. But if you want to make your car as fun as possible, get a vert. You should go to a car dealership and drive a vert', if you fall in love with topless driving, then you know your answer. I know some people that hate driving verts.

Friendchicken

Venix said:
well i will just say, once you go vert you will never want to be without one.
I hated my vert... maybe if it was a power top... but it was just too much hassle to park it and cover it.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
RSXFMCJWR said:
If you want it to be all about performance and speed, then get a coupe. But if you want to make your car as fun as possible, get a vert. You should go to a car dealership and drive a vert', if you fall in love with topless driving, then you know your answer. I know some people that hate driving verts.
+1
Some are made for 'verts, some aren't. The new tops are much more durable than the older vinyl ones so don't worry too much. They heat up in the winter and cool off in the summer, sometimes better than a coupe. They weigh a bit more, so if it's strictly performance, stick with the lighter coupe. If it's for you, you'll deal with any quirks that come up. After I had the sub-frame connectors welded on, no twists or creaks of any type. The only reason I ever see a coupe in my future is if I get a full-time race car. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread