2003 Cobra Transmission Swap Question

YellowSVT98

AKA YellowSnake98
Established Member
I have a 98 cobra and I recently installed a t56 out of a 03 cobra in to my car and I was just wondering if anybody else has done this and what they did to get the speedometer working. I do have the SpeedCal ER installed but disconnected right now because I was having an issue with it reading ridiculously high. When I would accelerate up to what seemed to be about 10 mph, the speedo would say that that i was doing 160 mph. I called Dallas Mustang and they didn't seem to know what was going on with it. I thought maybe that the sensor itself was messed up so I replaced it and had the same issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

YellowSVT98

AKA YellowSnake98
Established Member
I bought the speed cal brand new from DM. I talked to them several times and they gave me several different settings to try all with the same result. I wish I had the money to do the complete 03 cobra swap.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
DM will tell you to drive 10 miles according to mile markers and then give you your new settings based upon what the trip odometer says, as opposed to the actual miles.

They have never had a problem doing this for me, but if you aren't doing the 10 mile test drive then you aren't really gonna get the right settings.

YellowSVT98

AKA YellowSnake98
Established Member
I actually did do the 10 mile drive and called them back and the person i talked to said that what i recorded was way out of range. I put 38.6 miles on the odometer in a 10 mile distance.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I bought the speed cal brand new from DM. I talked to them several times and they gave me several different settings to try all with the same result. I wish I had the money to do the complete 03 cobra swap.

I actually did do the 10 mile drive and called them back and the person i talked to said that what i recorded was way out of range. I put 38.6 miles on the odometer in a 10 mile distance.

Maybe you bought a dud. Did they say anything about replacing it?

94venomV8

Established Member
i just ordered a er speedcal i will let you know if i have the same problem or not.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I'd like to know if it fixes the problem or not. I have a T56 to install this winter and would like to stay ahead of the bugs.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
The DM techs are useless. I called them several times about settings on my car. They were way off. I finally gave up on them, and found the right settings on Corral.net.

Users who are viewing this thread