2003 Cobra sold on ebay for 18k

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
With Cobras so cheap it is making it harder for the rest of us to get decent money for our Mustangs. My Mach with 17,000 original miles is only worth like 13k LOL! I want a Terminator, but I will build the Mach, because selling it for 13K is the same as giving it away. Damn economy...

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I dont think the price of the cars is dropping. Most of the owners of these cars are owning them for enjoyment/weekend driveer. Not a daily driver. When the economy gets going again everything will be fine.

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
Most of them i have seen on here and ebay start normally priced then they keep going down on price. Most people are saying they just can't make payments anymore and just want what they owe on the car minus everything they put in it.

troymach1one

Established Member
I picked up my Mach for cheap money 3 yrs ago with 10 k miles and decided to build it since the Cobras were still going for big money. Economy will return and so will the prices for the cars. It is great if you can pick up another cheap right now.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
With you buying that TT Cobra for 22 K thank you for helping the market, in terms of buyers having more power :)

No way i would spend near 30 k on a turbo or KB cobra now.

I dont think the price of the cars is dropping. Most of the owners of these cars are owning them for enjoyment/weekend driveer. Not a daily driver. When the economy gets going again everything will be fine.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Its freakn depressing. My car could not sell even for what I owe on it, even if I wanted to sell it. I believe it has to do with the gas prices being so high. Buyers are not crazy about 15mpg these days with 500hp. And yes most of us ARE DD, not rich guys with toy cars.

Jubei

Established Member
Too many variables to take into consideration on why there is a price drop, you people forget that these cars are now going on 5 to 6 years old, I dont care how bad the economy is financing anything over 5 years old is PITA. Now that you can pick up a nice 2006 Z06 for under 50k there are alot of owners jumping ship. Lets just face it prices are dropping and if your expecting to get 25K + for your Terminator then you better plan on keeping it for quite awhile. Dont get me wrong these cars are nice but there not Supra's by no means.

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Too many variables to take into consideration on why there is a price drop, you people forget that these cars are now going on 5 to 6 years old, I dont care how bad the economy is financing anything over 5 years old is PITA. Now that you can pick up a nice 2006 Z06 for under 50k there are alot of owners jumping ship. Lets just face it prices are dropping and if your expecting to get 25K + for your Terminator then you better plan on keeping it for quite awhile. Dont get me wrong these cars are nice but there not Supra's by no means.

You are right. They are better than a supra.:pepper:

Jubei

Established Member

Exactly what Im talking about, Ive been keeping my eyes open on these C6 Z06's for awhile. I rather just save the cash and pick one up maybe late next year, the Cobra will always give you the best bang for your buck if you want horsepower but the style and luxury of the C6 Z06 is just unmatched, not to mention the damn thing is a beast out the box.

Users who are viewing this thread