2003 Cobra Redfire IL DUW

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2003 Redfire Cobra with the stock chrome wheels. I am re-listing this for sale. I had it for sale last spring but things didn't work out.

It has the following:

8 Lbs lower pulley
X2C CAI
UPR shifter
Cobra Bob shifter gasket (not installed)
BBK Long tube headers
Matching off road x-pipe
Bassani Catback
Predator
4.10 gears
MM FLSFC

The car will come with all the stock parts I have (lower pulley, airbox, h-pipe, exhaust manifolds, front sway bar)
Last dyno numbers are listed in sig.

The car has never been down the track nor has it ever been in any accidents. It's seen rain 3 times (by accident) and has never seen snow. The car has just over 16,000 miles. It has the usual wear and tear nothing out of the ordinary except a key mark on the driver's side rear quarter panel. It's thru to the primer. This happened when I lived in CA. Otherwise the paint is in really good condition. I've had none of the known issues with the Cobras pop up other than the clicking in the half shafts. A re-torque of the wheel nut always cured this problem. The car was built on May 12, 2003 and is #6956.

The front tires should be replaced (normal wear and flat spots from sitting so long), the tune could be touched up due the addition of the LTs, and the diff has a small leak.

I am the original owner of the car. I bought it at Rancho Santa Margarita Ford in RSM CA. The bank that holds the title is Eagle One Community Credit Union in Lake Forest CA. You'll get the title as soon as the check clears the bank (typically 10 business days).

I live on the west side of Joliet, IL. Give me a call at 815-953-0423 to view the car anytime. My schedule changes frequently so I'll do my best to accommodate you. I'm not interested in trades of any kind. I may not be able to get online everyday. Calling me is the best way to get your questions answered.

Price is $23,000 firm.

Here are some pics:

82acf35e.gif

19891ef9.gif

Mustang005.gif

Mustang004.gif

Mustang003.gif

Mustang002.gif

Mustang001.gif

Key mark:

112-1243_IMG_sm.gif

112-1242_IMG_sm.gif

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sonik Blur said:
BUMP! For a great and honest seller!! This car is cherry!!

-Mike

Thanks Mike!!

I should also mention the car has BFG drag radials on the back. They have about 750 miles on them. Original F1s up front.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Early Saturday morning bump!!!

Thanks again for the free bumps and compliments!!

cgbills

Established Member
What do you think it would cost to get that diff leak fixed? Also have you ever had an estimate on that scratch?

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
cgbills said:
What do you think it would cost to get that diff leak fixed? Also have you ever had an estimate on that scratch?

A local shop has said they will re-seal it for $100. They gave me this number based on me describing the problem. It is possible that once they take a look at the the number may change (up or down).

The Ford dealer in CA quoted me $400 to fix the scratch.

VegasSVTWanted said:
errr.. just saw the answer to my question in the add.. bump for a sweet car.. :)
Just my .02!

Thanks Jason. For the price you won't be disappointed in the car. A little bit of elbow grease you'll have a really clean, low mileage, nearly stock Cobra.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Also to eliminate some confusion, the half shafts are NOT clicking now. They did click and were repaired. They haven't clicked since the gear install.

Anyway, TTT!!!

cgbills

Established Member
did you seal the scratch at all, untill you got to paint it? I would be worried about rust

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
cgbills said:
did you seal the scratch at all, untill you got to paint it? I would be worried about rust

Yes, I used the touch up paint from Ford. Not to worry though, the scratch was not thru to bare metal.

cgbills

Established Member
not to be annoying or anything but how big is the leak? you said you were quoted to seal it, but are you sure it is not a gasket or anything? Also do you happen to have any pics of front tires that need replacing, a pic of the car with the drag radias on it and do you have any videos of the car running? again sorry to be a pain. my e-mail is [email protected]

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
VegasSVTWanted said:
did you sell the car? Please let me know. I talked with the wife over the weekend and it looks like I can FINALLY buy my new toy!!!
Just my .02!

No it's not sold yet. Dude flaked out on me. Give me a call so we can talk. 815-953-0423.

cgbills said:
not to be annoying or anything but how big is the leak? you said you were quoted to seal it, but are you sure it is not a gasket or anything? Also do you happen to have any pics of front tires that need replacing, a pic of the car with the drag radias on it and do you have any videos of the car running? again sorry to be a pain. my e-mail is [email protected]

If the car sits for a couple months I'll end up with a 2" or 3" spot on the floor.

I'll work on the pics of the tires tonight when I get home from work.

The only video I have of the car is when it was dyno'd in CA. No current videos.

Users who are viewing this thread